Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fitting a basin to a wall?

Last time I fitted a basin, it came with some nice fittings:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...cier/basin.jpg

There is a nut, a penny washer, and a stud with a machine thread one
end, and a wood thread the other.

There is also a spacer (under the washer) with a skirt that fills the
gap between the stud and the very wide slot in the basin.

As you can see, it's quite difficult to describe without knowing the
names! Any clues as to what these are really called?

--
Nigel M
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
Last time I fitted a basin, it came with some nice fittings:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...cier/basin.jpg

There is a nut, a penny washer, and a stud with a machine thread one
end, and a wood thread the other.

There is also a spacer (under the washer) with a skirt that fills the
gap between the stud and the very wide slot in the basin.

As you can see, it's quite difficult to describe without knowing the
names! Any clues as to what these are really called?

Basin Fixing Kit, like this?

HTH

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

As you can see, it's quite difficult to describe without knowing the
names! Any clues as to what these are really called?

Basin Fixing Kit ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:11:41 +0100, Nigel Molesworth wrote:

Last time I fitted a basin, it came with some nice fittings:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...cier/basin.jpg

There is a nut, a penny washer, and a stud with a machine thread one
end, and a wood thread the other.

There is also a spacer (under the washer) with a skirt that fills the
gap between the stud and the very wide slot in the basin.

As you can see, it's quite difficult to describe without knowing the
names! Any clues as to what these are really called?

===============================
I think you're looking for a 'double-diameter' spacer/ washer but I'm
afraid I don't know a source. A bit of extended 'googling' might provide a
source. You'll probably find an example (steel - for comparison purposes)
on your angle grinder where it centralises and locks the grinding disk.

Cic.

--
================================
Testing UBUNTU Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cicero wrote:

I think you're looking for a 'double-diameter' spacer/ washer but
I'm afraid I don't know a source. A bit of extended 'googling'
might provide a source. You'll probably find an example (steel -
for comparison purposes) on your angle grinder where it
centralises and locks the grinding disk.

Used to be known as load spreading washers.

--
Tony Williams.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:11:41 +0100, Nigel Molesworth wrote:

Last time I fitted a basin, it came with some nice fittings:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...cier/basin.jpg

There is a nut, a penny washer, and a stud with a machine thread one end,
and a wood thread the other.

There is also a spacer (under the washer) with a skirt that fills the gap
between the stud and the very wide slot in the basin.

As you can see, it's quite difficult to describe without knowing the
names! Any clues as to what these are really called?

================================
If all else fails, you could probably cannibalise the round bits from
this item:

Cic.

--
================================
Testing UBUNTU Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Last time I fitted a basin, it came with some nice fittings:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...cier/basin.jpg

I'd have sent it back and got one which was in focus ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:18:26 +0100, mike wrote:

I'd have sent it back and got one which was in focus ;-)

OK, you try taking a photo up under the back of a basin

Thanks all for the info.

--
Nigel M
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Last time I fitted a basin, it came with some nice fittings:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...cier/basin.jpg

I'd have sent it back and got one which was in focus ;-)

This looks more like a B&Q one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:56:53 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

This looks more like a B&Q one.

It was, a Barcelona.

The latest one I bought from there (a cheaper model) didn't have
fittings. By the time I've paid for the fittings and delivery, I'm not
much better off

--
Nigel M
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-04-24 19:19:27 +0100, Nigel Molesworth said:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:56:53 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

This looks more like a B&Q one.

It was, a Barcelona.

I meant B&Q as opposed to Focus ;-)

The latest one I bought from there (a cheaper model) didn't have
fittings. By the time I've paid for the fittings and delivery, I'm not
much better off

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:50:48 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

I meant B&Q as opposed to Focus ;-)

D'OH!

--