Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Switch near shower

I'm reading the IEE guide to building regs (version 16, part P, dated 2006)
prior to getting a new electric shower, the circuit upgraded, RCD fitted,
inspected, certified etc. but I have a query over positioning of light
switch and shower isolator before I start hacking even more tiles off,
fitting preparatory trunking etc.

The shower is in a cubicle quite near the main door to the room. Headroom
floor to ceiling is only 210cm near the door so if I put pull switches in a
natural place they are still within the 60cm rule for zone 2 so are
forbidden (unless I put them above ceiling and have a hole through).

However, is a plate type switch okay outside the door to the room even
though it is only 30cm from shower edge but via cubicle door and room door?

Regards
Phil

Shower Switch Location Stuart UK diy 10 April 19th 06 08:15 PM
Electric Shower Switch That Bloke UK diy 6 April 18th 06 12:49 PM
Failing Shower Switch Stuart UK diy 4 November 5th 05 07:44 PM
Shower Switch burning. [email protected] UK diy 12 September 25th 05 04:16 PM
Shower Switch Position t60 UK diy 2 March 12th 05 01:04 AM