Bob Mannix

Default Very Basic - Sealing a tap - ceramic sink

"Dan delaMare-Lyon" wrote in message
I'm not feeling too good today so am in need of assistance.
One of the taps on the porcelain sink started to look like it was
leaking last night.
Looking close, it's the seal between the tap and the bison.
I need to move the tap slightly, so wil disconnect it, but my question
is - what's the best thing to put between the tap and the ceramic to
stop the water traveeling around it when you use the tap with wet hands!

Go on - call me an idiot if you like

I'm not calling anyone silly who has a seal and a bison in their bathroom !

I usually just put mastic under the tap, tighten up underneath (plastic
washer underneath) and then wipe all the visible mastic from the join.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Andrew McKay

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:45:17 +0100, "Bob Mannix"
wrote:

I'm not calling anyone silly who has a seal and a bison in their bathroom !

I noticed that earlier too, and thought better of making a remark.

However in the light of recent film announcements I would advise the
OP that be careful of the bison, because he's got a built-in modus
operandi known as "you won't like me when I'm angry".

My wife and I went to the animal park south of Winchester a few years
ago. They had a couple of bison there - behind a very substantial
wooden fence. I thought I'd like to take a photograph of the bison, so
I shunted myself up the fence a little.

The bison clearly wasn't happy about that situation and charged the
fence. And when I say charged it didn't put the brakes on as it got
close to the fence - it just kept going and gave the fence the sort of
head butt where you think the bisons head is going to appear out the
back of its arse as it meets the immovable object. Shook the whole
damn fence something chronic.

I didn't get my photo and we left the area rapidly. I didn't like the
bison when it got angry.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk
ben

Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:
I'm not feeling too good today so am in need of assistance.
One of the taps on the porcelain sink started to look like it was
leaking last night.
Looking close, it's the seal between the tap and the bison.
I need to move the tap slightly, so wil disconnect it, but my question
is - what's the best thing to put between the tap and the ceramic to
stop the water traveeling around it when you use the tap with wet hands!

Go on - call me an idiot if you like

Thanks
Dan.

I recently replaced a pair of bathroom taps where putty had previously
been used for this. The new taps came with nice white rubber washers
that look much better and aren't nearly so messy. If I recall, the shop
had bags of the washers on their own for about 50p.