Bob Mannix

Default Very Basic - Sealing a tap - ceramic sink

"Dan delaMare-Lyon" wrote in message
I'm not feeling too good today so am in need of assistance.
One of the taps on the porcelain sink started to look like it was
leaking last night.
Looking close, it's the seal between the tap and the bison.
I need to move the tap slightly, so wil disconnect it, but my question
is - what's the best thing to put between the tap and the ceramic to
stop the water traveeling around it when you use the tap with wet hands!

Go on - call me an idiot if you like

I'm not calling anyone silly who has a seal and a bison in their bathroom !

I usually just put mastic under the tap, tighten up underneath (plastic
washer underneath) and then wipe all the visible mastic from the join.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)