Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default pressure washer

Hi

Have been given a Lavor thermic petrol engined pressure washer which I have
got working again

The water pressure is higher than my on big karcher electric washer

The only thing that doesnot work is the chemical feed pipe

The pipe is clear the filter on the end clean and it is connected to the
pump but it does not suck up any fluid

On my karcher there is a low pressure setting on the wand which adds
chemical to the spray but there does not appear to be any setting on the
Lavor one

any help appreciated

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMC wrote:
Hi

Have been given a Lavor thermic petrol engined pressure washer which
I have got working again

The water pressure is higher than my on big karcher electric washer

The only thing that doesnot work is the chemical feed pipe

The pipe is clear the filter on the end clean and it is connected to
the pump but it does not suck up any fluid

On my karcher there is a low pressure setting on the wand which adds
chemical to the spray but there does not appear to be any setting on
the Lavor one

Almost every cold HPC on the planet uses a 'low pressure injector' to
dispense chemicals. There has to be a difference between the pressure at
the injector and the pressure at the final nozzle (lower ta the nozzle).

To check if it works (and it probably will, no moving parts) take the
pressure hose off & run machine - it should then work.

If it doesn't there are only two possible causes - muck blocking the venturi
(some chemicals solidify as they dry out, likely if the machine hasn't been
used for a while) or there is a non return valve to stop water going back
down the chemical feed pipe - usually a ball & spring - maybe stuck.

It should have a low pressure setting on the wand but they are not always
obvious - post the model number & I will look on the Lavour website - I
should be able to spot it.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Do you have a pressure washer? Suz UK diy 21 July 24th 06 05:49 AM
Low Output Pressure on Generac Pressure Washer Arnie Goetchius Home Repair 6 June 7th 06 01:23 AM
Pressure Washer? noxpurt Woodworking 7 May 15th 06 06:33 PM
Electric pressure washer looses pressure after 8 sec. lbbss Electronics Repair 4 August 14th 05 05:29 PM
Electric pressure washer looses pressure after 8 sec. [email protected] Home Repair 4 August 12th 05 07:55 PM