Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Need help igniting a Patio gas Heater

Picked up one of those cheapie Lidl patio heaters last year and it worked a
treat. However during the winds back in Jan it fell over ;( - couple of
weeks ago i tried lighting it with no joy. Thought it may have been damp so
left it til now. Today I tried it and after about a dozen or so clicks it
fired up ;-))) so let it run for a bit and then tried it again and it fired
with no problem.

Then tonight I tried it and it wont light ;( no matter how much i pressed
the button to annoy the neighbours

My observations are
There is a little white cloth covered cable which seems to go to the white
plastic bit that actually creates "the spark" this cable seems to be a bit
perished where it meets the plastic (not burnt, cut or anything - just
frayed)

I'm not sure if the ignition is partly coming from the frayed part of the
cable and the rest is where it should spark from. The spark does look very
weak at times. Its one of those where you push a spring loaded button till
it clicks and thats the ignition to ignite it.

My question is this. Can i use one of those cooker lighters that create a
spark (or even a flame) if i can get it to reach the burner where im certain
the gas must come out from and use that instead of clicking all night (to no
avail) All I will need to do then is switch the gas onto low to fire it and
then turn it up when its running.

Thanks

--

THE INTERNET

Where men are men,
women are men
and children are FBI agents.

heaters (patio heater?) Robbo UK diy 3 February 25th 07 03:46 AM
heaters (patio heater?) Roger Mills UK diy 1 February 24th 07 11:29 PM
Gas range spark igniter not igniting Mike Hartigan Home Repair 2 January 22nd 07 10:42 PM
Patio Heater Gary A. Gorgen Metalworking 3 May 16th 06 02:01 PM
Infrared patio heater [email protected] UK diy 8 July 9th 05 12:01 AM