Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary A. Gorgen

Default Patio Heater

I was asked by a friend that manages a local restaurant,
if I could look at his patio heaters.
These are Infrared Dynamics free standing, natural gas.
The service man says the whole head needs to be replaced.
He doesn't trust the service man. I've watched him a few
times, I don't trust him either.

I haven't looked at it, so I don't what the problem is.
I may be able to look at it later this week.

Looking at the manual, the burner is held on with a hose clamp.
Easy to replace. Actually everything looks easy to replace.

Does anyone know what normally fails with this type of heater.

He has 6, of which 2, have problems. The other 4, will probably
fail next fall, when he needs them. So I'll look at all of them,
and stock up on parts.

Thanks for any help someone can offer.

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"
| Tunxis Design Inc.
| Cupertino, Ca. 95014
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hogleg

This link popped up on the sight that I was using to view this thread
(google). Lots of parts avail...

http://www.patioheat.com/Merchant2/m...ory_Cod e=AHP

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary A. Gorgen

Hogleg wrote:
This link popped up on the sight that I was using to view this thread
(google). Lots of parts avail...

http://www.patioheat.com/Merchant2/m...ory_Cod e=AHP

Thanks for the link. The prices help alot.

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"
| Tunxis Design Inc.
| Cupertino, Ca. 95014
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary A. Gorgen

Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey Gary,

Any chance these have been out of service for a while? There is some
kind of a spider or a bug that just loves to crawl in the gas supply
tube and make a nest or cocoon. This won't allow the gas to mix and
travel to the flame area as it should. You just have to pass a pipe
cleaner or a really stiff string through it to remove the blockage.
Worth a quick try.

These have been in constamt service.
I know all about the spiders.
I have a large burner that doesn't see much use.
Before I even try to light it, I run a piece of
welding rod down the tube, almost always come out
with a cocoon.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.