Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chrome towel rail plumbing error

We have plumbed an additional chrome radiator in the bathroom from the
pipes of another under the floor. We have just noticed that they come
on when the shower is on and when the hot water is on! Can this be
right? We have a combi boiler that is usually on timed. Thought it
unusual that it would be on with the hot water and the heating - what
could have happened??

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 Apr, 11:55, Lobster wrote:
wrote:
We have plumbed an additional chrome radiator in the bathroom from the
pipes of another under the floor. We have just noticed that they come
on when the shower is on and when the hot water is on! Can this be
right? We have a combi boiler that is usually on timed. Thought it
unusual that it would be on with the hot water and the heating - what
could have happened??

Haven't you (rather obviously) plumbed into the bathroom hot water
system instead of the central heating? Or am I missing the point somewhere?

David

That's the given, even if this is OK can it be right to be on both
systems and how could we have done this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
wrote:
That's the given, even if this is OK can it be right to be on both
systems and how could we have done this?

Sounds like you've managed to join the heating and potable water circuits
and you'll all die a horrible death.

--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Draining Towel Rail James Amor UK diy 1 January 16th 06 10:47 PM
Towel Rail Qestion Jimbo UK diy 3 January 5th 06 06:26 PM
Towel rail too big? JoeJoe UK diy 13 November 6th 05 04:13 PM
towel rail radiator Tim Smith UK diy 0 March 17th 05 07:34 AM
Leaking Towel Rail Andy UK diy 0 November 4th 03 06:10 PM