Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Storage Heater not heating up

I have 3 dimplex storage heaters al working ok till this week 1 isnt
heating up and is stone cold, the other 2 are still working fine. It
is an small 0.85kw with no dials. Have switched it off and back on but
it still hasnt charged over night. Any ideas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6 Apr, 14:37, " cupra" wrote:
wrote:
I have 3 dimplex storage heaters al working ok till this week 1 isnt
heating up and is stone cold, the other 2 are still working fine. It
is an small 0.85kw with no dials. Have switched it off and back on but
it still hasnt charged over night. Any ideas?

Thermal fusible link 'blown'?

maybe how would I find this out? would it be easy to replace?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 05:23:01 -0700, zaggy48 wrote:

I have 3 dimplex storage heaters al working ok till this week 1 isnt
heating up and is stone cold, the other 2 are still working fine. It
is an small 0.85kw with no dials. Have switched it off and back on but
it still hasnt charged over night. Any ideas?

Most likely the fusible link (or if your lucky the thermal trip) has gone.
Very probably your put something over the it, or the thermostat failed.

The usual procedure is:
1) Turn off.
2) Open the cabinet
3) Reset overheat trip or replace fusible link.
4) Close cabinet
5) Turn on.
6) Give stern lecture to tenants that drying clothes/towel/coats on the
heater cause the heaters to stop working if they are lucky or causes a
fire if they are less lucky. Explain that the Landlord pays for the
first such visit, subsequent visits will be charged for
(unless they are due to some other problem).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
[...]

Gas Fitting Standards Docs he
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/GasFittingStandards

Maybe the element has gone. I had to replace 4 in one heater.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
On 6 Apr, 14:37, " cupra" wrote:
wrote:
I have 3 dimplex storage heaters al working ok till this week 1 isnt
heating up and is stone cold, the other 2 are still working fine. It
is an small 0.85kw with no dials. Have switched it off and back on but
it still hasnt charged over night. Any ideas?

Thermal fusible link 'blown'?

maybe how would I find this out? would it be easy to replace?

they are usually resettable trips unless your heaters are very old.

The resets are very hard to push back on, they feel like there
is nothing wrong.

If you can't work out where they are, you can trace the point
that has 'blown' with a mulitmeter (but only after midnight of
course)

tim

Storage heater problem [email protected] UK diy 2 November 30th 05 07:18 AM
3 KW Electric storage heater [email protected] UK diy 29 November 18th 05 09:14 AM
Install Storage Heater Da Buit UK diy 4 September 22nd 05 05:37 PM
Install Storage Heater Da Buit UK diy 1 September 22nd 05 02:34 PM
Storage heater panel Manic Blue UK diy 0 October 2nd 03 02:50 PM