Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fitting reclaimed tiles

Hi

I have just bought 500 Victorian terra cotta floor tiles (ex kitchen)
that were layed in 1905. They measure 6"x6"x1". They were originally
layed on sand, probably 1 cement to 10 sand, the bulk still have the
sand attached, but I think I can remove this OK with water and a wire
brush. The problem is the grout. How do I remove the grout from
around the side edges?. I have tried to chip it off but I always
damage the face of the tile. I am sure I am not the first person to
lay reclaimed tiles, so how do you professionals do it?? AND just to
to be sure, how do I lay them, sand & cement or do I use a modern
adhesive?. They are going in the hall way.

TIA

Richard

Should I try to resaw this reclaimed oak, or just plane it down? Brooks Moses Woodworking 6 January 22nd 06 08:32 AM
reclaimed parquet flooring - help! ceg UK diy 4 November 3rd 05 10:03 AM
Reclaimed wood Capt. 321 Woodworking 1 March 23rd 05 09:34 AM
fitting mosaic tiles? John Stumbles UK diy 2 May 19th 04 10:08 AM
reclaimed floorboards ChrisJ UK diy 16 November 24th 03 07:38 PM