Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Need to understand

Whats the Primary and Secondry stuff mean as I have changed to normal
standard meter and never had to understand all this because of a prepay
meter?

Don't worry about the bill amount as this is carried on from another part of
the bill,but I'll have to have words with them over that as It was
prepayment charge and it looks as though they have billed me for what I've
already paid through the prepayment meter previously.

Thanks.

Readings

Meter number G4A05713620405

Previous 0 read by us on 29 January 2007

Mid period 116 read by you on 1 March 2007

Difference 116 units with multiplier value 1

conversion value 1.02264, calorific value 39.28966

Converted into 1295 kWh (kilowatt-hours) used

Mid period 116 read by you on 1 March 2007

Current 196 estimated on 28 March 2007

Difference 80 units with multiplier value 1

conversion value 1.02264, calorific value 39.03077

Converted into 887 kWh (kilowatt-hours) used

Charges

Gas primary units used 727 kWh at 3.559p each 25.87

Gas secondary units used 1455 kWh at 2.83p each 41.18

Total gas charges = 132.52

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DIY DIY is offline

"George" wrote:
[...]

My understanding is that primary and secondary units refers to the tariff
charged, in effect a two-tier tariff. They are selling you the first X
number of units at 3.559p each, after which the tariff drops to 2.83p for
each unit used.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 1, 3:42 am, "George" wrote:
[...]

Looking at it from this distance it would seem to be a gas bill.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31 Mar 2007 23:25:08 -0700, "Weatherlawyer"
wrote:

On Apr 1, 3:42 am, "George" wrote:
[...]

Take your head from up your arse - things may appear more clearly.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DIY" secret wrote in message ...
"George" wrote:
[...]

I thank you kind sir.

Your everloving
George

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"judy" wrote in message

Looking at it from this distance it would seem to be a gas bill.

Take your head from up your arse - things may appear more clearly.

Wouldn't worry about it madame, its stuck so far up even a surgeon would
have trouble removing it.

Thank you Missus. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DIY DIY is offline

"George" wrote:
I thank you kind sir.

Your everloving
George

Steady on George, we hardly know each other!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 02:42:23 GMT, "George" wrote:

Whats the Primary and Secondry stuff mean as I have changed to normal
standard meter and never had to understand all this because of a prepay
meter?

The primary rate is charged for a fixed number of units each quater and was
introduced to replace the standing charge. Subsequent units are charged at the
secondary rate.

Andy