Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does anybody know where the pix are ?

.... From the meet we had where we hit the Indian restaurant and I took a
load of photos ?

Andy, Phil, Tony, Ed etc ...

Grunff was wanting to put some faces to names

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Mar, 23:41, raden wrote:
... From the meet we had where we hit the Indian restaurant and I took a
load of photos ?

Andy, Phil, Tony, Ed etc ...

Grunff was wanting to put some faces to names

--
geoff

Didn't Andrew G. put them on his web site?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
" writes:
On 26 Mar, 23:41, raden wrote:
... From the meet we had where we hit the Indian restaurant and I took a
load of photos ?

Andy, Phil, Tony, Ed etc ...

Grunff was wanting to put some faces to names

Didn't Andrew G. put them on his web site?

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article . com,
" writes:
On 26 Mar, 23:41, raden wrote:
... From the meet we had where we hit the Indian restaurant and I took a
load of photos ?

Andy, Phil, Tony, Ed etc ...

Grunff was wanting to put some faces to names

Didn't Andrew G. put them on his web site?

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).

Nice to put a face to a name - just for Andrew (who is the only one who will
know what I am talking about!) - the last original spec. working GEC 4000 in
the world (system 129) was terminated by my hand in February.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).

Aha! Excellent, thanks.

--
Grunff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grunff wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).

Aha! Excellent, thanks.

There are a few more new piccies that have popped up on that Frapper
page you created:

http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Mar 2007 07:08:56 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) mused:

In article . com,
" writes:
On 26 Mar, 23:41, raden wrote:
... From the meet we had where we hit the Indian restaurant and I took a
load of photos ?

Andy, Phil, Tony, Ed etc ...

Grunff was wanting to put some faces to names

Didn't Andrew G. put them on his web site?

They are still at
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).

How long ago was that then?

I only ask as a few of the regulars in the photos seem to be at,
erm.... retirement age.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huge wrote:

http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy

Aaaaeeiiii!!!!! My eyes! My eyes!!!

What you looking at? web page or a mirror? ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-03-27, John Rumm wrote:

Huge wrote:

http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy

Aaaaeeiiii!!!!! My eyes! My eyes!!!

What you looking at? web page or a mirror? ;-)

Cheeky git!

The web page, which seems to consist of the FBI's "Most Wanted".

)

Someone reassure me it wasn't playing music at the same time (I browse
with sound turned off) ?

I couldn't work out whether the animations and gallery popups were in
any way linked, but I suspect not. A triumph of form over function...

No offence to anyone concerned (who to be honest, resemble just about
every set of Usenet real-life characters I've ever met).

--
"God I want patience, and I WANT IT NOW!"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article . com,
" writes:
On 26 Mar, 23:41, raden wrote:
... From the meet we had where we hit the Indian restaurant and I took a
load of photos ?

Andy, Phil, Tony, Ed etc ...

Grunff was wanting to put some faces to names

Didn't Andrew G. put them on his web site?

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).

That's the one

My sincere apologies for the colour scheme - my first attempt at a
website and the code was written from first principles

also, the photos were taken with a camcorder rather than a camera, so
they are a bit grainy, but there you are Grunff - a few faces to put to
a few names

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
Grunff wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).

Aha! Excellent, thanks.

There are a few more new piccies that have popped up on that Frapper
page you created:

http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy

Lurch, you're in Shrewsbury, you *******, you never told me - you could
have come out for a few beers last weekend, if I'd known

If you want to email me some contact details, I'll get in touch next
time I'm up home

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article . com,
" writes:
On 26 Mar, 23:41, raden wrote:
... From the meet we had where we hit the Indian restaurant and I
took a load of photos ?

Andy, Phil, Tony, Ed etc ...

Grunff was wanting to put some faces to names

Didn't Andrew G. put them on his web site?

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

What a motley crew! Especially that Andy Hall, shady looking character if
you ask me, wouldn't want to buy a used car from him :-)

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
Grunff wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).

Aha! Excellent, thanks.

There are a few more new piccies that have popped up on that Frapper
page you created:

http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy

Checkout my photo - isn't me 'andsome ?

A real DIY mask with corrective lenses

works perfectly, except that it sinks when left to it's own devices (as
I discovered to my cost in Malta last year)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lurch
writes

" writes:
On 26 Mar, 23:41, raden wrote:
... From the meet we had where we hit the Indian restaurant and I took a
load of photos ?

Andy, Phil, Tony, Ed etc ...

Grunff was wanting to put some faces to names

Didn't Andrew G. put them on his web site?

They are still at
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).

How long ago was that then?

I only ask as a few of the regulars in the photos seem to be at,
erm.... retirement age.

But none of them look like police station photos - Ha ha

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:55:29 GMT, raden mused:

In message , John
Rumm writes
Grunff wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).
Aha! Excellent, thanks.

There are a few more new piccies that have popped up on that Frapper
page you created:

http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy

Lurch, you're in Shrewsbury, you *******, you never told me - you could
have come out for a few beers last weekend, if I'd known

Heh, I'm sure you've been told, but it was several years ago that I
mentioned IIRC. Didn't realise this place was home though, thought you
just knew of it reasonably well.

If you want to email me some contact details, I'll get in touch next
time I'm up home

Use the email address in the header, but substitute usenet for stuart.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 20:14:21 GMT, raden mused:

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).

How long ago was that then?

I only ask as a few of the regulars in the photos seem to be at,
erm.... retirement age.

But none of them look like police station photos - Ha ha

That was 1 of 2 photos I had of me (I don't do photos). The other was
even more shady looking but it's the one I used for the application
for an ID card. As a security engineer, I think I may change it to
something a bit less shady!
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 20:00:22 GMT, raden mused:

In message , John
Rumm writes
Grunff wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).
Aha! Excellent, thanks.

There are a few more new piccies that have popped up on that Frapper
page you created:

http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy

Checkout my photo - isn't me 'andsome ?

Do you usally take pictures of yourself in the buff?
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lurch
writes

Grunff wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).
Aha! Excellent, thanks.

There are a few more new piccies that have popped up on that Frapper
page you created:

http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy

Lurch, you're in Shrewsbury, you *******, you never told me - you could
have come out for a few beers last weekend, if I'd known

Heh, I'm sure you've been told, but it was several years ago that I
mentioned IIRC. Didn't realise this place was home though, thought you
just knew of it reasonably well.

Next time you take the back road behind the Abbey, the big house on the
corner, opposite the driving test centre used to be where we lived,
until my folks moved out to Henlow Rise

email me a phone number - it travels better than an email address

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:23:33 GMT, raden mused:

In message , Lurch
writes

Grunff wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).
Aha! Excellent, thanks.

There are a few more new piccies that have popped up on that Frapper
page you created:

http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy

Lurch, you're in Shrewsbury, you *******, you never told me - you could
have come out for a few beers last weekend, if I'd known

Heh, I'm sure you've been told, but it was several years ago that I
mentioned IIRC. Didn't realise this place was home though, thought you
just knew of it reasonably well.

Next time you take the back road behind the Abbey, the big house on the
corner, opposite the driving test centre used to be where we lived,

That reminds me, I've got a job to do up there, keep forgetting about
that one!

until my folks moved out to Henlow Rise

Right opposite me then.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lurch
writes

Grunff wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

They are still at http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

I took the page from Geoff's site at the time, and IIRC resized
the images for faster download (probably over modems at the time).
Aha! Excellent, thanks.

There are a few more new piccies that have popped up on that Frapper
page you created:

http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy

Checkout my photo - isn't me 'andsome ?

Do you usally take pictures of yourself in the buff?

Well, yes, why ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lurch
writes

Grunff wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

[...]

Better email your addy then too ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:35:24 GMT, raden mused:

In message , Lurch
writes

Grunff wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

[...]

Tis on the website.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lurch
writes
Next time you take the back road behind the Abbey, the big house on the
corner, opposite the driving test centre used to be where we lived,

That reminds me, I've got a job to do up there, keep forgetting about
that one!

until my folks moved out to Henlow Rise

Right opposite me then.

Better email your addy then too ...