Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Current trends in bathroom flooring?

What do you guys use for a bathroom floor nowadays? I'm tempted to remain
with the sanded wooden floors, and using oil-based polyurethane to seal it,
making sure that I fill in the cracks etc.

Thanks for any replies

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jason Hallway wrote:
What do you guys use for a bathroom floor nowadays? I'm tempted to remain
with the sanded wooden floors, and using oil-based polyurethane to seal it,
making sure that I fill in the cracks etc.

Thanks for any replies

if nice so would i, but i went all tiles here.
sanded chip and concrete doesn't have the classic feel ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-03-16 15:05:46 +0000, "Jason Hallway" said:

What do you guys use for a bathroom floor nowadays? I'm tempted to remain
with the sanded wooden floors, and using oil-based polyurethane to seal it,
making sure that I fill in the cracks etc.

Thanks for any replies

That's good.

Ceramic or stone tiles are another.

Basically almost anything apart from carpet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:05:46 +0000, Jason Hallway wrote:

What do you guys use for a bathroom floor nowadays? I'm tempted to remain
with the sanded wooden floors, and using oil-based polyurethane to seal it,
making sure that I fill in the cracks etc.

If you like natural finishes but want waterproof them Marmoleum (like real
linseed-oil-based lino) is nice, with a variety of colours - unlike
institutional brown.

Good quality non-slip vinyls are also good, but not cheap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jason Hallway wrote:
What do you guys use for a bathroom floor nowadays? I'm tempted to remain
with the sanded wooden floors, and using oil-based polyurethane to seal it,
making sure that I fill in the cracks etc.

Thanks for any replies

I like carpet, but you need good Bath/Shower-mat discipline - so it's
not for the kiddy-encumbered. All the other options are too cold for me
(unless you have UFH).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheOldFellow wrote:

Jason Hallway wrote:
What do you guys use for a bathroom floor nowadays? I'm tempted to remain
with the sanded wooden floors, and using oil-based polyurethane to seal
it, making sure that I fill in the cracks etc.

Thanks for any replies

I like carpet, but you need good Bath/Shower-mat discipline - so it's
not for the kiddy-encumbered.

Indeed, my carpets have been subject to a lot of diced-carrot related
activities in recent weeks[1]

I rent, otherwise I'd have junked the lot years ago in favour of some nice
cushioned vinyl...

Cheers

Tim

[1] Bloody winter continuous diseases...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jason Hallway" wrote in message
What do you guys use for a bathroom floor nowadays? I'm tempted to remain
with the sanded wooden floors, and using oil-based polyurethane to seal
it,
making sure that I fill in the cracks etc.

Thanks for any replies

There's no regulation which says you have to be trendy. Stay with what you
like.

We have cork tiles because it was easier than sanding and coating the floor
but I'd have preferred the boards, we have them in the dining room and loft
and it's lovely.

Cork is warm and durable, surprisingly it stands up to stiletto heels better
than the wooden floorboards.

I don't wear stiletto heels anywhere but some visitors do ...

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-03-17 07:09:14 +0000, Tim S said:

TheOldFellow wrote:

Jason Hallway wrote:
What do you guys use for a bathroom floor nowadays? I'm tempted to remain
with the sanded wooden floors, and using oil-based polyurethane to seal
it, making sure that I fill in the cracks etc.

Thanks for any replies

I like carpet, but you need good Bath/Shower-mat discipline - so it's
not for the kiddy-encumbered.

Indeed, my carpets have been subject to a lot of diced-carrot related
activities in recent weeks[1]

I've never understood this phenomenon. There seems to be diced carrot
whether you've eaten any or not. ... and tomato skins.

Sales Trends AmyGG UK diy 23 August 28th 06 11:39 PM
Bathroom Flooring Fuoleum UK diy 2 April 26th 06 01:24 PM
Bathroom/Loo layout current fashion? Fitz UK diy 13 February 15th 06 01:58 PM
Bathroom flooring Q mutley UK diy 5 March 25th 04 01:21 PM
Bathroom Flooring Fishter UK diy 4 August 1st 03 04:06 PM