Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How can a student like me eat Weetabix every day?

Normally I have a couple of breakfast bars in the morning (Nutrigrain
etc.)

I hate washing up.

I obviously can't use paper plates (the milk would fall out)

Are there any disposable (and cheap) containers I can use to have my
weetabix+milk every day?

It may be a bland breakfast, but it definately keeps me full.

I can't rely on the sink in my student place (things go missing in a
shared kitchen, hygiene reasons etc.)

If you think this question is dumb, i'm a bit of a stoner & I can't
think straight all the time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 14, 12:00 pm, wrote:
Normally I have a couple of breakfast bars in the morning (Nutrigrain
etc.)

I hate washing up.

I obviously can't use paper plates (the milk would fall out)

Oops, soory about the blank post earlier.

Try paper bowls.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote

Try paper bowls.

If you know any student nurses, tap them up for a supply of cardboard vomit
bowls (unused preferably)

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/2007 13:42, TheScullster wrote:

cardboard vomit bowls

Instead of the Weetabix?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
Graeme wrote:
You are a *student*? Of what? Some ology, presumably.

Probably accountancy. No other students (a) could afford to eat every day,
and (b) would get up in the mornings.

Certainly not a student of English.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
On 14/03/2007 13:42, TheScullster wrote:

cardboard vomit bowls

Instead of the Weetabix?

A rose by any other name ...

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:52:18 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
Graeme wrote:
You are a *student*? Of what? Some ology, presumably.

Probably accountancy. No other students (a) could afford to eat every day,
and (b) would get up in the mornings.

Certainly not a student of English.

Mary

Nor of The Environment ..What's "Green" about using disposable plates
because they cant be arsed to washup .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graeme wrote:

I use
polystyrene bowls for my cats, because I hate washing dirty, smelly cat
plates and bowls.

I would soon get sick of having cat for breakfast every day... I can't
see that putting it in a polystyrene bowl would make it taste any better.

Buy 'em in bulk from Costco.

As kittens?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
On 14/03/2007 13:42, TheScullster wrote:
cardboard vomit bowls

Instead of the Weetabix?

Probably the same stuff, if they have been used they will have more
flavour than Weetabix.

--
cheesesoup.myby.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim wrote:

If it seems "not right", roll up another Camberwell and you won't care.

Camberwell? Camberwell Beauty? Sorry, I've had a sheltered upbringing

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 623747 20070314 135218 "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message
Graeme wrote:
You are a *student*? Of what? Some ology, presumably.

Probably accountancy. No other students (a) could afford to eat every day,
and (b) would get up in the mornings.

Certainly not a student of English.

Mary

How come no-one has told him not to be such a lazy git?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-03-14 13:42:03 +0000, "TheScullster" said:

wrote

Try paper bowls.

If you know any student nurses, tap them up for a supply of cardboard vomit
bowls (unused preferably)

Phil

Could be tricky to determine which it is if Weetabix is the other choice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
Graeme wrote:
You are a *student*? Of what? Some ology, presumably.

Probably accountancy. No other students (a) could afford to eat every day,
and (b) would get up in the mornings.

Certainly not a student of English.

Mary

Nor of The Environment ..What's "Green" about using disposable plates
because they cant be arsed to washup .

Trade off between washing up liquid down the drain and into the oceans,
plus the heat for the water, against resources to make paper plates.
He doesn't have to use the fancy ones used for jellies at parties.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/2007 15:35, Stuart Noble wrote:
Tim wrote:

If it seems "not right", roll up another Camberwell and you won't care.

Camberwell? Camberwell Beauty? Sorry, I've had a sheltered upbringing

Camberwell Carrot, huge spliff from Withnail and I

--
Statistics are like a bikini, what they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital - Aaron Levenstein.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
Tim wrote:

If it seems "not right", roll up another Camberwell and you won't care.

Camberwell? Camberwell Beauty? Sorry, I've had a sheltered upbringing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camberwell

Quote:
"Camberwell carrot" is the name of the enormous spliff rolled using 12
rolling papers, by Danny the dealer in the film Withnail and I. His
explanation for the name is that "I invented it in Camberwell and it looks
like a carrot".

--
Ron

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
Normally I have a couple of breakfast bars in the morning (Nutrigrain
etc.)

I hate washing up.

You know, few people actually enjoy washing up, it's one of the things we
have to do to maintain an acceptable standard of living. I bet your mum did
it for you for the first however many years of your life. She did far worse
things for you too. You have perhaps another 60 years ahead of you, have you
worked out how you'll spend them without washing up?

I obviously can't use paper plates (the milk would fall out)

You don't need a plate for Nutrigrain bars.

Are there any disposable (and cheap) containers I can use to have my
weetabix+milk every day?

Why disposable?

Do you use disposable containers for your other meals?

It may be a bland breakfast, but it definately keeps me full.

It takes all sorts ...

I can't rely on the sink in my student place (things go missing in a
shared kitchen, hygiene reasons etc.)

Excuses! You admitted that you hate washing up.

Go to a camping shop, buy a cheap metal dish, get the technology dept to
drill a hole in the rim and put a cord through it, you can then keep it
attached to your person. Lick it clean after your breakfast then you won't
need the sink.

Hygiene? You're a STUDENT for goodness' sake, you're not supposed to care
about hygiene!

If you think this question is dumb, i'm a bit of a stoner & I can't
think straight all the time.

Give it up then you won't be asking dumb questions. If you can't think
straight about something as simple as breakfast you won't deserve your
degree - although you'll probably get it in Our Glorious Leader's education
aspirational world.

Which makes me wonder - the other 50% must get put on the scrap heap ...

Mary
Mrs Fisher to you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Tim is offline

Mrs Fisher to you.

Oo-er Mrs!

:_)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim" wrote in message

Mrs Fisher to you.

Oo-er Mrs!

:_)

Dwahling T i m , I didn't mean you!

Just smelly, scruffy, idle, semi-literate students!

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
cardboard vomit bowls

Instead of the Weetabix?

Yes. More nutritious.

--
*I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mary Fisher
writes
You know, few people actually enjoy washing up, it's one of the things
we have to do to maintain an acceptable standard of living.

Oh yeah? Women maybe, but then I guess they have to do something with
their dull and unproductive life while the men are out building the
world.

Meeeeeow!

being a single man, my large flat is so cluttered with gadgets that
there's not even enough room to push a vacuum cleaner through it. I
find it a very acceptable standard of living.

--
Clive Mitchell
http://www.bigclive.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mary Fisher
writes
Just smelly, scruffy, idle, semi-literate students!

No really, just voice your thoughts. Don't feel you need to hold back
just because of us.

They're the future scientists apparently. Once they've finished their
degree in socio-political ergonomics or something equally as useless.

--
Clive Mitchell
http://www.bigclive.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:

have you
worked out how you'll spend them without washing up?

Simple, get one of those domestic appliances that does it for you... If
if you don't want a wife, then get a dishwasher!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim wrote:

If it seems "not right", roll up another Camberwell and you won't care.

Camberwell? Camberwell Beauty? Sorry, I've had a sheltered upbringing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camberwell

Quote:
"Camberwell carrot" is the name of the enormous spliff rolled using 12
rolling papers, by Danny the dealer in the film Withnail and I. His
explanation for the name is that "I invented it in Camberwell and it
looks like a carrot".

Ah! Thanks. I enjoyed the film but obviously wasn't paying attention
Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Normally I have a couple of breakfast bars in the morning (Nutrigrain
etc.)

I hate washing up.

I obviously can't use paper plates (the milk would fall out)

Are there any disposable (and cheap) containers I can use to have my
weetabix+milk every day?

It may be a bland breakfast, but it definately keeps me full.

I can't rely on the sink in my student place (things go missing in a
shared kitchen, hygiene reasons etc.)

If you think this question is dumb, i'm a bit of a stoner & I can't
think straight all the time.

Bringing together two stands of this thread, get a cat.

Each morning
pick cereal bowl up off surface
fill with weetabix and milk
eat weetabix
put the bowl down on surface
go out
cat will lick the bowl clean

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Clive Mitchell" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes
Just smelly, scruffy, idle, semi-literate students!

No really, just voice your thoughts. Don't feel you need to hold back
just because of us.

Oh, thank you - your blessing is appreciated :-)

They're the future scientists apparently. Once they've finished their
degree in socio-political ergonomics or something equally as useless.

I hope they are future scientists. Some might be. There's a shortage.

The science students I know don't worry about washing up.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Clive Mitchell" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes
You know, few people actually enjoy washing up, it's one of the things we
have to do to maintain an acceptable standard of living.

Oh yeah? Women maybe, but then I guess they have to do something with
their dull and unproductive life while the men are out building the world.

In this house Spouse usually does the washing up ...

Meeeeeow!

woof woof!

being a single man, my large flat is so cluttered with gadgets that
there's not even enough room to push a vacuum cleaner through it. I find
it a very acceptable standard of living.

Um. a vacuum cleaner is a gadet, innit?

Invented by a man, I suspect.

I sweep the floors - saves energy.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
writes
"Graeme" wrote in message

You are a *student*? Of what? Some ology, presumably. Paper plates would
leak, so use some other form of disposable plate. I use polystyrene bowls
for my cats, because I hate washing dirty, smelly cat plates and bowls.

So you prefer to fill landfill sites with un-degradable s***e?

Hell no! I just get a warm feeling inside, every morning, when I think
of the regular employment I am providing for the little man who makes
disposable plates.

Why not kill
the cat and stick that in the bin, it will degrade and no more washing up,
two problems solved ;-)

What? You obviously don't have bin police in your area. 'Ello, 'ello,
wassis then guv? Dead cats in yer bin? Carn't 'ave that y'know. Cue
sound of sharply sucked in breath.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
Graeme wrote:

I use polystyrene bowls for my cats, because I hate washing dirty,
smelly cat plates and bowls.

I would soon get sick of having cat for breakfast every day... I can't
see that putting it in a polystyrene bowl would make it taste any
better.

Hmm. Still taste better than Weetabix, even if you don't bother to skin
'em first. The cats, not the Weetabix. On second thoughts ...
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:56:05 +0000, Graeme
wrote:

In message , John
Rumm writes
Graeme wrote:

I use polystyrene bowls for my cats, because I hate washing dirty,
smelly cat plates and bowls.

I would soon get sick of having cat for breakfast every day... I can't
see that putting it in a polystyrene bowl would make it taste any
better.

Hmm. Still taste better than Weetabix, even if you don't bother to skin
'em first. The cats, not the Weetabix. On second thoughts ...

There's nothing wrong with Weetabix - with cinnamon sprinkled
generously on top.

Yummy!
--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Graeme
writes
In message .com,
writes
Normally I have a couple of breakfast bars in the morning (Nutrigrain
etc.)

I hate washing up.

I obviously can't use paper plates (the milk would fall out)

You are a *student*? Of what? Some ology, presumably.

Media studies of course

Do they study anything else these days ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim
writes

If you think this question is dumb, i'm a bit of a stoner & I can't
think straight all the time.

Eat weetabix, drink milk from carton - problem solved.

If it seems "not right", roll up another Camberwell and you won't care.

Never heard of "the munchies" ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-03-14 18:42:00 +0000, John Rumm said:

Mary Fisher wrote:

have you worked out how you'll spend them without washing up?

Simple, get one of those domestic appliances that does it for you... If
if you don't want a wife, then get a dishwasher!

Q. Why do brides wear white?

A. To match the other domestic appliances

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com,
" writes
On Mar 14, 12:00 pm, wrote:
Normally I have a couple of breakfast bars in the morning (Nutrigrain
etc.)

I hate washing up.

I obviously can't use paper plates (the milk would fall out)

Oops, soory about the blank post earlier.

Too stoned to hit the keyboard ?

so that's what you REALLY do in your lunch break

--
geoff