Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default leaking radiator

I have a very slight leak near where you bleed the radiator it seems to be
slightly round the outer edge.I got stuff last year from B&Q LS-X jointing
compound and leak sealer and it did seem to do the trick but its started
again ,it is ever so slight.Am I better to scrape it off and start again
bleed the radiator or what,it just seemed to start the other day when I
turned the radiator up to 4 as it was so cold usually I am on 3.Hope someone
can help.Thank you.

--
svmsbb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:29:22 -0000, "svmsbb"
wrote:

I have a very slight leak near where you bleed the radiator it seems to be
slightly round the outer edge.I got stuff last year from B&Q LS-X jointing
compound and leak sealer and it did seem to do the trick but its started
again ,it is ever so slight.Am I better to scrape it off and start again
bleed the radiator or what,it just seemed to start the other day when I
turned the radiator up to 4 as it was so cold usually I am on 3.Hope someone
can help.Thank you.

When you say "round the outer edge" do you mean the edge of the bleed
screw or the edge of the radiator . Can't imagine increasing the rad
control would make the leak much worse worse . If it is the plug that
holds the bleed screw probably better if you drain the water down
until it is below the level of the plug...remove it and put it back in
again with new ptfe tape . .Might be better if you got a new one first
and use that .You'll need a key to remove the plug and refit it .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Try http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...95365&id=65161

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
svmsbb wrote:
I have a very slight leak near where you bleed the radiator it seems
to be slightly round the outer edge.I got stuff last year from B&Q
LS-X jointing compound and leak sealer and it did seem to do the
trick but its started again ,it is ever so slight.Am I better to
scrape it off and start again bleed the radiator or what,it just
seemed to start the other day when I turned the radiator up to 4 as
it was so cold usually I am on 3.Hope someone can help.Thank you.

Try

thanks to both of you I think I will try the stuff from screwfix and see how
I get on before removing screws,hopefully it will do it for me the easy
way.many thanks