Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default problem in airing cupboard

I've put batons down each side, and want to put pieces of wood
across from one to the other to make shelves that can be
easily removed. I want to anchor the cross members somehow
so they don't move. Are there magnetic tabs that I can fix
to the cross-members and to the batons so the cross-members keep
in place, or can somebody suggest another method?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"Menae" wrote in message
I've put batons down each side, and want to put pieces of wood
across from one to the other to make shelves that can be
easily removed. I want to anchor the cross members somehow
so they don't move. Are there magnetic tabs that I can fix
to the cross-members and to the batons so the cross-members keep
in place, or can somebody suggest another method?

Cut 5mm notches into the battens for each cross piece so they will resist
slipping on the battens but can be lifted out of the way then you need to
remove them.

Alternatively little stubs of dowels on the top surface of the batten to fit
into drilled holes on the cross pieces.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Menae
writes
I've put batons down each side, and want to put pieces of wood
across from one to the other to make shelves that can be
easily removed. I want to anchor the cross members somehow
so they don't move. Are there magnetic tabs that I can fix
to the cross-members and to the batons so the cross-members keep
in place, or can somebody suggest another method?

Screw the cross-members to pieces of wood slightly shorter than the
battens, forming a grid, so that these new end pieces fit on top of the
battens. Drill a couple of holes in each of the battens and fit
corresponding dowels to the end pieces (or put grid in place en drill
right through into the battens, if there's room). Drop shelf grid into
place. Remove by giving each end a sharp upward blow.

Alternatively ignore the end pieces and just put dowels on each
cross-member to fit into corresponding holes in the battens. More work
but less loss of height.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:18:06 -0600, Menae wrote:

I've put batons down each side, and want to put pieces of wood across from
one to the other to make shelves that can be easily removed. I want to
anchor the cross members somehow so they don't move. Are there magnetic
tabs that I can fix to the cross-members and to the batons so the
cross-members keep in place, or can somebody suggest another method?

================================
Maybe a bit expensive for your purpose but available he

Cic.

--
================================
Testing UBUNTU Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Menae" wrote in message
I've put batons down each side, and want to put pieces of wood
across from one to the other to make shelves that can be
easily removed. I want to anchor the cross members somehow
so they don't move. Are there magnetic tabs that I can fix
to the cross-members and to the batons so the cross-members keep
in place, or can somebody suggest another method?

Double sided sticky fixers on the ends

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Menae" wrote in message
I've put batons down each side, and want to put pieces of wood
across from one to the other to make shelves that can be
easily removed. I want to anchor the cross members somehow
so they don't move. Are there magnetic tabs that I can fix
to the cross-members and to the batons so the cross-members keep
in place, or can somebody suggest another method?

Simply screw 2 or 3 battons mid-span, so that the whole shelf is a removable
self-contained gridwork. It then sits on top of the support battons you
have at each side.

Or have I mis-understood?

--
Ron