Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Twydell Peter Twydell is offline

Default problem in airing cupboard

In message , Menae
writes
I've put batons down each side, and want to put pieces of wood
across from one to the other to make shelves that can be
easily removed. I want to anchor the cross members somehow
so they don't move. Are there magnetic tabs that I can fix
to the cross-members and to the batons so the cross-members keep
in place, or can somebody suggest another method?

Screw the cross-members to pieces of wood slightly shorter than the
battens, forming a grid, so that these new end pieces fit on top of the
battens. Drill a couple of holes in each of the battens and fit
corresponding dowels to the end pieces (or put grid in place en drill
right through into the battens, if there's room). Drop shelf grid into
place. Remove by giving each end a sharp upward blow.

Alternatively ignore the end pieces and just put dowels on each
cross-member to fit into corresponding holes in the battens. More work
but less loss of height.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!