Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Slimline dishwahser for 50cm depth

Hi,

I've got a small kitchen which I'm fitting, and really want to get a
slimline dishwasher installed. The ideal space is a cupboard next to
the washer machine. The width of the cupboard is fine for a slimline
dishwash, but the depth is only 50cm. This is because the waste pipe
from the bath room above comes down behind this cupboard (which is
shallower than the rest of the kitchen)

The best I've found is 55cm from searching around. I was wondering if
anyone had even heard of a shallow slimline dishwasher, and if not,
any ideas on a way around this? I thought that some dishwashers might
be measured across the maximum points, so a dishwasher which had a
door which curved out might actually be a bit smaller....?? Also,
I've noticed some dishwashers come witch casing at the back to make
the piping etc. look a bit tidier...I thought maybe this could be
removed to give me a bit of extra space??

Any thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mogga wrote:

The smaller your dishwasher the less you can put in it and the more
often you have to put it on.

I don't know. ( Bowl)
We squeezed a slimline dishwasher into our previous kitchen and it was
great for 2 adults and a baby.

Filling the sink with hot water everytime you have a few plates hs got
to be far more wastefull than a dishwasher that will take half a dozen
plates, 3 or 4 bowls and a dozen cups/mugs (and associated cutlery)

Doubt there will be anything "shallow" though. Having the pipe re-routed
might be an option, failing that having it poking out 2" shouldn't be a
problem. If not fitted as an integral appliance I doubt it would even
notice.

IMHO

Pete

http://water-rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
http://trade-price-supplements.co.uk - Bulk Order Supps. at Trade Prices

Replacement freezer - very slimline Phil Pickard UK diy 8 February 3rd 07 01:52 PM
New GE Monogram Dishwahser Too Big [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 27th 06 04:51 AM
Slimline washing machine Faz UK diy 3 May 8th 06 07:18 PM
supporting a new tile floor- plywood depth, backer board depth? K Ruck Home Repair 7 July 3rd 05 08:16 PM
End of a long dishwahser saga. The Natural Philosopher UK diy 7 July 1st 05 11:19 PM