Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jan Jan is offline

Default Paint Runner as seen on sky

Has anyone bought a Paint Runner as I would like to know if they are really
worth the price (£29 or thereabouts) and more importantly, do they really
work like they say they do?

I saw one being demonstrated on the Sky shopping channel and it makes
painting look a doddle but I am a bit wary. I previously bought a couple of
gadget off Sky, turned out to be totally useless from my point of view plus,
£30 lighter in the pocket too!

I have a couple of rooms, and hall to do and I thought this might do the
job in less time and make less mess

Thanks in advance...from Jan who hates painting, and manages to put more
paint on herself than the wall :-))))))))))

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:05:55 +0000, Jan wrote:

Has anyone bought a Paint Runner as I would like to know if they are really
worth the price (£29 or thereabouts) and more importantly, do they really
work like they say they do?

I saw one being demonstrated on the Sky shopping channel and it makes
painting look a doddle but I am a bit wary. I previously bought a couple of
gadget off Sky, turned out to be totally useless from my point of view plus,
£30 lighter in the pocket too!

I have a couple of rooms, and hall to do and I thought this might do the
job in less time and make less mess

Thanks in advance...from Jan who hates painting, and manages to put more
paint on herself than the wall :-))))))))))

If it's the thing that's for cutting-in (painting up to an edge) and has a
tube you fill with paint and squirt through holes in a pad then Yes I have
tried it (bought one from B&Q, a lot less than £29 IIRC) and No, it
doesn't work: it doesn't put enough paint close to the edge so you end up
with a ragged finish.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jal jal is offline

In article ,
"Jan" wrote:

Has anyone bought a Paint Runner as I would like to know if they are really
worth the price (£29 or thereabouts) and more importantly, do they really
work like they say they do?

haven't seen it but I can guarantee, Yes they are as could as they look
..... once you get as good at using it, and as adept at the tricks, as
the guy who's selling it.

John
[who has more than once bought the-gizmo-being-advertised-on-the
little-telly-in-the-DIY shop] [last one was a rubber brush/squeegee]
[that was years ago: I've got a tighter grip on me wallet now]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jan wrote:
Has anyone bought a Paint Runner as I would like to know if they are
really worth the price (£29 or thereabouts) and more importantly, do
they really work like they say they do?

If they were any good professional decorators would use them - and they
don't......

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 23, 11:05 am, "Jan" wrote:
Has anyone bought a Paint Runner as I would like to know if they are really
worth the price (£29 or thereabouts) and more importantly, do they really
work like they say they do?

If it's the roller that you fill with paint then, IIRC, it's been
discussed here before. Conclusion was, it's crap, ISTR.
--
Rob

Paint Runner JonG UK diy 2 November 27th 06 10:34 AM
Stair Runner Thomarse UK diy 5 November 22nd 06 03:13 PM
MFI Runner Pack Peter Twydell UK diy 5 July 13th 06 06:15 PM
PUKEY RUNNER DUCK J T Woodworking 0 September 28th 05 01:00 AM
Rug runner creases up Charlie S. Home Repair 5 September 26th 05 12:46 AM