Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Alpha Bolier Dead

Got a new Alpha CD32 combi boiler fitted on Tuesday and it was fine
until I came home early this afternoon and thought it was a bit chlily
..The thermostat was indicating that heat was bering called for so I
looked at the boiler and a red warning light had come on and the
manual said to operate the reset switch . That didn't work and nor did
anyhting the installer suggested by phone so he is coming out tomorrow
morning .I tempted fate by telling the installers Girl Friday when she
phoned this morning that everything was hunky-dory .GRRR !!!!
Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stuart B" wrote in message
news
Got a new Alpha CD32 combi boiler fitted on Tuesday and it was fine
until I came home early this afternoon and thought it was a bit chlily
.The thermostat was indicating that heat was bering called for so I
looked at the boiler and a red warning light had come on and the
manual said to operate the reset switch . That didn't work and nor did
anyhting the installer suggested by phone so he is coming out tomorrow
morning .I tempted fate by telling the installers Girl Friday when she
phoned this morning that everything was hunky-dory .GRRR !!!!
Stuart

I said in your earlier query you should have held out for the Alpha 7-Day
Wireless Easy Stat ) No, sorry, only joking - I'm glad it's not us
without any heating and you have my sincere simpathy. Let us know what the
outcome is - especially as I also have the CD32C and am interested in
knowing for future reference.

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 21:27:46 -0000, "John" wrote:

"Stuart B" wrote in message
news
[...]

Will report back John but it might need an Alpha callout if it isn't
something obvious that the installers can fix . At least I have a gas
fire and hob and an electric shower so it's not too bad .

I also found that the thermostat has a "frost" setting operated by a 3
second push of a button so I can if I wish utilise that at night which
takes it down to 5 degrees C .........just means that setting will
still be on in the morning ..although I could take the thermostat to
bed with me ..lol

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:20:42 +0000, Stuart B
wrote:

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 21:27:46 -0000, "John" wrote:

"Stuart B" wrote in message
news
[...]

Well the update is that the installers came out this morning ...ran a
few checks which showed nothing untoward..other than the boiler
wouldn't light.....and decided to remove the clip-on cover to enter
" Alpha Territory" .... After a minute or two the guy noticed that up
at the very top,inside the casing,was a small gauge white plastic tube
that had come adrift ( obviously not fitted properly in the factory)
....muttered something about an air switch... and he refitted it
,tightened up the clip and all was well .. If you look on Page 5/Fig
2B in the Installation Instruction Book right up at the top to the
right of the flue conection thats where the tube fits on .

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 21:27:46 -0000, "John" wrote:

"Stuart B" wrote in message
news Got a new Alpha CD32 combi boiler fitted on Tuesday and it was fine
[...]

Ah, right. Thanks very much for the info Stuart. It's always good to know
these things "just in case" )

John.

Noisy bolier flue [email protected] UK diy 7 October 28th 06 12:55 PM
Combi bolier dilema dog-man UK diy 16 May 9th 05 07:12 PM
Bolier Trouble hsj123 UK diy 3 March 5th 05 12:14 PM
Bolier Trouble hsj123 UK diy 0 March 5th 05 12:53 AM
Ariston Bolier Trouble hsj123 Home Repair 0 March 4th 05 11:06 AM