Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vinyl floor - removing stretch mark

We have a new vinyl floor covering in out lounge. It's a good quality
cushion vinyl and has only been down a few weeks.

I've just noticed a small area (about a square foot) where it looks as
though somehting heavy has been dragged across it causing a small dent and a
stretched area where the vinyl is no longer laying flat to the floor. I know
vinyl is susepctable to this - I'm not sure what's been dragged or by who
(but it clearly has).

Is there anyway to get the vinyl to shrink back to its original shape and
'tightness'?

The only think I wondered about was heating it slightly in the hopeit would
'relax' and pull tight again?

Is this a good idea or could it make it worse??

Any ideas? Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Geoff" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

Hate to tell you, but our kitchen vinyl, which iirc is Armstrong
cushion floor, does this every time the weather changes. It can go
from tight as a drum to rather baggy overnight if there is a
significant change in temperature.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

"Geoff" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

Which way does it go? Tight when hot or toght when cold? Is it linked to
humidity at all?

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Geoff" wrote in message
. uk...

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in

message

"Geoff" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

Tends to be tight in the winter months and loose in the summer Not
noticed a humidity effect. This is on a suspended floor that is pretty
well ventilated underneath.

AWEM