Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher - Is this scenario likely?

Hi all

We have (had) a working Zanussi DW907 dishwasher.
My daughter, bless her heart, decided to put parts of a juicing machine in
it on Wednesday, without any initial degunging of fibrous fruit debris from
said parts.
I believe that the machine stopped at the beginning of the program cycle and
SWMBO removed the offending items.
Since then, the programmer will not progress through its cycle - advances a
bit then stops and waits for human intervention.
Also, the main CU RCD tripped out 3 times when my wife tried to use it
yesterday.

The question:

Could putting loads of fibrous materials into the machine cause this much
havoc? I am particularly concerned by the RCD behaviour!
Where do I start to try and rectify the damage?
It is likely that we will be re-furbing the kitchen later in the year, so I
don't want to buy another unit that is unlikely to fit in with the revised
design.
If we can extend the life of this machine for a few more months it would be
a god-send.

TIA

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Debris may have blocked filters or pump

Have you cleared the filters in the machine?

can you get it to drain?

Tony
"TheScullster" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote

Debris may have blocked filters or pump

Have you cleared the filters in the machine?

can you get it to drain?

Tony

Thanks Tony

I didn't start disecting the machine and/or testing cos I didn't like the
idea of knocking all power off inadvertently.
Would serious crud stop the programmer in its tracks?
I don't see how crud could cause problems that would knock out the RCD, do
you?

TIA

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"TheScullster" wrote in message

"TMC" wrote

Debris may have blocked filters or pump

Have you cleared the filters in the machine?

can you get it to drain?

Tony

Thanks Tony

I didn't start disecting the machine and/or testing cos I didn't like the
idea of knocking all power off inadvertently.
Would serious crud stop the programmer in its tracks?
I don't see how crud could cause problems that would knock out the RCD, do
you?

TIA

Phil
Not sure but if it has stopped the pump that would I guess stop the program

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
"TMC" wrote

Debris may have blocked filters or pump

Have you cleared the filters in the machine?

can you get it to drain?

Tony

Thanks Tony

I didn't start disecting the machine and/or testing cos I didn't like the
idea of knocking all power off inadvertently.
Would serious crud stop the programmer in its tracks?
I don't see how crud could cause problems that would knock out the RCD, do
you?

Only if it made water get where it shouldn't.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 08:39:58 -0000, "TheScullster"
wrote:

[...]

Maybe the level sensor has got blocked with fibre and it's
overfilling, and overflowing water is causing the RCD tripping.

Or it that pips/fibre have jammed/damaged the pump when it pumped out
after the prewash. Pips are bad news for DW pumps.

If you put some water in before starting a program, does it pump it
out OK before the first fill for the program?

Sounds like a a take-apart job though. Try the UKWhiteGoods forum for
advice too.

cheers,
Pete.