Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sainsbury's are at it too.

In the Balham store, Draper 14.4v cordless drill for 7.99. Keyless chuck,
vary speed and reverse, torque setting. Strange thing to sell in such a
small store.

--
*Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In the Balham store, Draper 14.4v cordless drill for 7.99. Keyless chuck,
vary speed and reverse, torque setting. Strange thing to sell in such a
small store.

I saw these and thought about getting one (it will only get light use)
-- are they any good? I don't need anything fancy

Alex

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Alex wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In the Balham store, Draper 14.4v cordless drill for 7.99. Keyless
chuck, vary speed and reverse, torque setting. Strange thing to sell
in such a small store.

I saw these and thought about getting one (it will only get light use)
-- are they any good? I don't need anything fancy

I don't see how you can go wrong at that price. I didn't buy one because
I've already got more than I need.

I'd be religious about not leaving the battery on charge too long - it
looks like a crude charger. Stick to the minimum time they say - it
doesn't matter if it's not fully charged but will have its life shortened
by even slight overcharging.

--
*Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alex wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In the Balham store, Draper 14.4v cordless drill for 7.99. Keyless chuck,
vary speed and reverse, torque setting. Strange thing to sell in such a
small store.

I saw these and thought about getting one (it will only get light use)
-- are they any good? I don't need anything fancy

Alex

I had a cheap Draper 18v for a couple of years. It was fine until the
batteries went, but there was no source of replacement batteries - so to
the recycling centre it went. For 8 quid, it's good economics, but bad
environmentalism.

R.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alex" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In the Balham store, Draper 14.4v cordless drill for 7.99. Keyless chuck,
vary speed and reverse, torque setting. Strange thing to sell in such a
small store.

I saw these and thought about getting one (it will only get light use) --
are they any good? I don't need anything fancy

I don't think that Draper make or sell rubbish. They've been around a long
time, too.

Sylvain.

Alex

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tesco are also having a £1 or 50p DIY bits sell off. No power drills that
I spotted but a 12" stainless steel metric/imperial rule with clear
markings and a small vertical, horzontal and 45deg level caught my eye as
good value at 50p (IIRC) for the rule alone.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-01 18:57:24 +0000, Alex said:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In the Balham store, Draper 14.4v cordless drill for 7.99. Keyless chuck,
vary speed and reverse, torque setting. Strange thing to sell in such a
small store.

I saw these and thought about getting one (it will only get light use)
-- are they any good? I don't need anything fancy

Alex

That's good.

It's always better when customers aren't disappointed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-01 21:13:50 +0000, "Sylvain VAN DER WALDE"
said:

"Alex" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In the Balham store, Draper 14.4v cordless drill for 7.99. Keyless chuck,
vary speed and reverse, torque setting. Strange thing to sell in such a
small store.

I saw these and thought about getting one (it will only get light use) --
are they any good? I don't need anything fancy

I don't think that Draper make or sell rubbish. They've been around a long
time, too.

Sylvain.

Alex

JCB has been around for a long time as well.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Sylvain VAN DER WALDE" wrote in message

I don't think that Draper make or sell rubbish. They've been around a long
time, too.

No, draper don't make rubbish. They rebadge it...

(I've got some good draper stuff. I've seen a lot of crap too.)

cheers
clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:
I don't think that Draper make or sell rubbish. They've been around a
long time, too.

Trouble with Draper is some of their stuff is good - some poor. I don't
think they actually make anything but buy in from a variety of makers.

--
*Gravity is a myth, the earth sucks *