Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT replies from google groups AGAIN

Has everybody else noticed out of thread replies from GG creeping in again,
not just this group but others as well. Have Google ' improved' groups
again?

DAve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

gort wrote:

Has everybody else noticed out of thread replies from GG creeping in again,

yes :-(

not just this group but others as well. Have Google ' improved' groups
again?

Appears they've released what was the beta as live
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 16:24:38 +0000, gort wrote:

Has everybody else noticed out of thread replies from GG creeping in again,
not just this group but others as well. Have Google ' improved' groups
again?

DAve

Yes. they have turned a monstrosity into a total shambles. I don't
know how anyone can contemplate using it for more than 5 minutes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Has everybody else noticed out of thread replies from GG creeping in again,
not just this group but others as well. Have Google ' improved' groups
again?

Not sure, but in a slightly OT reply, I got an email out of the blue
yesterday from someone coming from to yet another web based newsgroup
post stealing site* asking me to send a file I said was useful.

*tutorials-blog.com

I haven't got a problem with this, but I wonder just how many times our
posts are being relayed on various websites...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

EricP wrote in
:

Yes. they have turned a monstrosity into a total shambles. I don't
know how anyone can contemplate using it for more than 5 minutes.

It's not the users that suffer, it's us.

I wish I could figure out how to kill a new thread starting with

mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Jan 2007 19:50:27 GMT, mike wrote:

EricP wrote in
:

Yes. they have turned a monstrosity into a total shambles. I don't
know how anyone can contemplate using it for more than 5 minutes.

It's not the users that suffer, it's us.

I wish I could figure out how to kill a new thread starting with

mike

I asked that very question in here months ago. I am still limping, but
it improves with time. )

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , gort
writes

Has everybody else noticed out of thread replies from GG creeping in again,
not just this group but others as well. Have Google ' improved' groups
again?

Oh yes, and they've pulled all access to the old historic formats too, the
ones I used to use cos the new one was so wank. No option to view as a
tree so no context, just so, so ****.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Jan, 21:06, fred wrote:
In article , gort
writes

Have Google ' improved' groups
again?

fraid so

Oh yes, and they've pulled all access to the old historic formats too, the
ones I used to use cos the new one was so wank. No option to view as a
tree so no context, just so, so ****.

current google groups interface does view as a tree, but i quite agree
with your sentiments, what a pile of bot juice it is. I've never seen
gg produce anything so dire or so senseless. I suspect gg is what they
train their new YTS employees on.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

not just this group but others as well. Have Google ' improved' groups
again?

Appears they've released what was the beta as live

Ah, that will be the ex vista M$ programmers finding a new home then !

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 16:37:40 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

gort wrote:

Has everybody else noticed out of thread replies from GG creeping in again,

yes :-(

not just this group but others as well. Have Google ' improved' groups
again?

Appears they've released what was the beta as live

And bloody awful it is too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mike wrote:
I wish I could figure out how to kill a new thread starting with

My killfile entry for some time has been for "MessageID:"
matching the regex "*googlegroups.com*"
Has there been an increase in GoogleGroups tosh? I haven't
noticed.

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Aidan Karley wrote in
:

In article , Mike wrote:
I wish I could figure out how to kill a new thread starting with

My killfile entry for some time has been for "MessageID:"
matching the regex "*googlegroups.com*"

Thanks, I'll give it a try

mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 27, 4:24 pm, gort wrote:
Has everybody else noticed out of thread replies from GG creeping in again,
not just this group but others as well. Have Google ' improved' groups
again?

It really is a pity the way they force a format on the unwilling.

In some instances it works well in that you can fish out old posts
going back decades but this present set up is gross. And it looks so
AOLish.

(Not AOL newsgroups that is. They were beyond the pale and
unsurprisingly AOL killed them off ages ago. I refer to the icons they
excrete on the browser page if you don't reset the thing to text
only.)

I am not an happy chappie.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gort wrote:
Has everybody else noticed out of thread replies from GG creeping in again,
not just this group but others as well. Have Google ' improved' groups
again?

It's awful, and totally unusable. You can't even tidy up quotations properly.

A shame, because when travelling, or using my PC at work, I have no other
option. Even browsing Usenet with it is painful.

--
Mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike wrote in
:

My killfile entry for some time has been for "MessageID:"
matching the regex "*googlegroups.com*"

Thanks, I'll give it a try

mike

Hey, it works; seems to knock out one or two legit posters who post on
google, but I'll have to live without them.

mike

Google Groups. Weatherlawyer UK diy 2 June 15th 06 07:55 PM
Goddamn Google Groups Charlie Self Woodworking 25 August 10th 05 09:29 PM
What am I doing wrong with Google Groups Mike in Arkansas Woodworking 4 January 15th 05 03:06 AM
New google Groups: Somewhat OT [email protected] Woodworking 1 December 4th 04 04:55 PM