Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default GU10 downlight compatible with CFL and halogen lamps?

Hi all

I am looking for a fire-rated GU10 downlight that is compatible with
both compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) and conventional halogen lamps,
preferably with a satin chrome or satin nickel finish. The CFL must not
stick out from the fitting. Emcogroup have a product that may fit the
bill which is being released in the next few days, so I've yet to see
it in the flesh. Does anyone know of any other manufacturer of such a
product?

I have read the debates about pros and cons of CFL on this newsgroup
;-)

thanks

Julian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Yaz Yaz is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all

I am looking for a fire-rated GU10 downlight that is compatible with
both compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) and conventional halogen lamps,
preferably with a satin chrome or satin nickel finish. The CFL must not
stick out from the fitting. Emcogroup have a product that may fit the
bill which is being released in the next few days, so I've yet to see
it in the flesh. Does anyone know of any other manufacturer of such a
product?

I have read the debates about pros and cons of CFL on this newsgroup
;-)

Try the Aurora AU-DLM982 from Newey & Eyre , Tel: 0116 2855555.

Very good quality.

Yaz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Jan, 11:34, "Yaz" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com... Hi all

I am looking for a fire-rated GU10 downlight that is compatible with
both compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) and conventional halogen lamps,
preferably with a satin chrome or satin nickel finish. The CFL must not
stick out from the fitting. Emcogroup have a product that may fit the
bill which is being released in the next few days, so I've yet to see
it in the flesh. Does anyone know of any other manufacturer of such a
product?

I have read the debates about pros and cons of CFL on this newsgroup
;-)

Try the Aurora AU-DLM982 from Newey & Eyre , Tel: 0116 2855555.

Very good quality.

Yaz

Yaz

Many thanks for the recommendation - I bought some of these downlights
and am very pleased with them..

Julian