Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Meldrew Moment

Hi All

Working in an office on the local estate, various jobs - one of which was
bleeding a radiator.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/Image056.jpg

Double socket outlet covered by a radiator. Wall otherwise empty, rad could
have gone anywhere.

I don't believe it!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Hi All

Working in an office on the local estate, various jobs - one of which was
bleeding a radiator.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/Image056.jpg

Double socket outlet covered by a radiator. Wall otherwise empty, rad
could have gone anywhere.

I don't believe it!

No picture but son's hall radiator isolating valve directly in front of
only BT socket in house. Could just get phone plug in but then there came
the splitter for the sky box and the broadband modem filter. Rad could
have been sited up to 600mm away with no problem

He has a picture somewhere of a walk-in freezer having been built in a shop
within 25mm of an instore ATM. You could just see it by looking along the
side of the freezer!

Tony
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Double socket outlet covered by a radiator. Wall otherwise empty, rad could
have gone anywhere.

Were the long spacers there to allow enough clearance for a plug to be
inserted?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Double socket outlet covered by a radiator. Wall otherwise empty,
rad could have gone anywhere.

Were the long spacers there to allow enough clearance for a plug to be
inserted?

Maybe. But they didn't achieve the objective. Too close for a plug to go
in.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Double socket outlet covered by a radiator. Wall otherwise empty,
rad could have gone anywhere.

Were the long spacers there to allow enough clearance for a plug to be
inserted?

Yes, and a hook on the wall for hanging up a pair of long nosed pliers used
to insert/remove the plugs when the radiator is hot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Can't believe the electrician took the rad off to get his socket in the
right place...

Cheers

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

r.bartlett wrote:
Can't believe the electrician took the rad off to get his socket in the
right place...

Cheers

Richard

Isn't it more likely to be that the socket was there first and the
plumber put the radiator on top. Either because it was the easiest
place to put it or because the householder (or office manager) had a
specific reason for wanting it there.

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Jan 2007 01:38:03 -0800, "Andrew" wrote:

Either because it was the easiest
place to put it or because the householder (or office manager) had a
specific reason for wanting it there.

It saves electricity, that's for sure.

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Hi All

Working in an office on the local estate, various jobs - one of which was
bleeding a radiator.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/Image056.jpg

Double socket outlet covered by a radiator. Wall otherwise empty, rad
could have gone anywhere.

I don't believe it!

I have the same situation in my kitchen AND I DID IT!! The reason being we
needed the radiator moving to accomodate an 'American' fridge freezer and
the wall in front of the socket was the ONLY space it could go, but at least
I put another socket in on the existing radiator wall while I had the floor
up. I left the other socket live in case the radiator ever got moved in the
future by me or a new owner.

Cheers

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMC wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Working in an office on the local estate, various jobs - one of which was
bleeding a radiator.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/Image056.jpg

Double socket outlet covered by a radiator. Wall otherwise empty, rad
could have gone anywhere.

I don't believe it!

No picture but son's hall radiator isolating valve directly in front of
only BT socket in house. Could just get phone plug in but then there came
the splitter for the sky box and the broadband modem filter. Rad could
have been sited up to 600mm away with no problem

He has a picture somewhere of a walk-in freezer having been built in a shop
within 25mm of an instore ATM. You could just see it by looking along the
side of the freezer!

....and I'm sure Tony Bryer won't mind me reposting this classic:
http://www.sda.co.uk/images/shower.jpg

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:03:29 GMT someone who may be Lobster
wrote this:-

...and I'm sure Tony Bryer won't mind me reposting this classic:
http://www.sda.co.uk/images/shower.jpg

Is the socket for connecting the floor warming cable, which lies on
top of the shower tray?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Lobster contains
these words:

....and I'm sure Tony Bryer won't mind me reposting this classic:
http://www.sda.co.uk/images/shower.jpg

Shocking!!!

Almost worth blu-tacking one onto the shower wall to see visitor's faces....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:51:05 -0000, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Hi All

Working in an office on the local estate, various jobs - one of which was
bleeding a radiator.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/Image056.jpg

Double socket outlet covered by a radiator. Wall otherwise empty, rad could
have gone anywhere.

I don't believe it!

I do, that picture could have been taken in my hall. The plumbers who
installed our CH were asked to take out the rad in the living room and
mount it on the other side of the wall in the hall. What we didn't
specify is that we would have liked to have still been able to use the
plug sockets there. they put the rad almost in the same position as
yours when there was an acre of wall space to mount it.

It was more a Basil Fawlty moment when I saw it
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Hi All

Working in an office on the local estate, various jobs - one of which was
bleeding a radiator.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/Image056.jpg

Double socket outlet covered by a radiator. Wall otherwise empty, rad could
have gone anywhere.

I don't believe it!

I do, that picture could have been taken in my hall. The plumbers who
installed our CH were asked to take out the rad in the living room and
mount it on the other side of the wall in the hall. What we didn't
specify is that we would have liked to have still been able to use the
plug sockets there. they put the rad almost in the same position as
yours when there was an acre of wall space to mount it.

It was more a Basil Fawlty moment when I saw it

I don't suppose it had anything to do with that position allowing for
the easiest pipe run did it?

A MOMENT OF SILENCE, PLEASE.... MRS. CLEAN Home Repair 9 November 1st 06 11:29 AM
Duh moment Mike Richardson Woodworking 2 November 23rd 05 12:51 AM
Senior Moment Gunner Asch Metalworking 4 September 5th 05 03:46 PM
A Tylenol moment Gunner Metalworking 13 September 1st 04 06:23 AM