Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radiator witt Internal Knock Out .. ???

Guys,
Just bought a designer radiator and it look the dogs danglers. Going to fit
it this week but in the instructions it says "if valves like this then know
out the internal diverter". Valves look like ordinary common or garden rad
valves in the black and white diagram. No further explanation given.
Picture is a bit unclear and so am I !!! When I look inside the radiator
there is a sort of knockout piece ( a bit like the metal bits that you knock
out of a electrical wall metal box) exactly half way down the vertical pipe
that the rad valve screws into.

What on earth is this knockout piece for? Why would I want to keep it in
place. Or why would I?

Thanks for any advice.

KS

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You might be on to something there mate. Put it this way, the valves can be
put into the rad in a million different ways! I want to use opposite ends so
I think you are right.
Cheers,
KS
"Owain" wrote in message
Kaiser Sose wrote:
Just bought a designer radiator and it look the dogs danglers. Going to
fit it this week but in the instructions it says "if valves like this
then know out the internal diverter". Valves look like ordinary common
or garden rad valves in the black and white diagram. No further
explanation given. Picture is a bit unclear and so am I !!! When I look
inside the radiator there is a sort of knockout piece ( a bit like the
metal bits that you knock out of a electrical wall metal box) exactly
half way down the vertical pipe that the rad valve screws into.
What on earth is this knockout piece for? Why would I want to keep it in
place. Or why would I?

Could it be you leave the diverter in place if you are using a combined
flow/return valve at one end, and knock it out if you are using
conventional flow and return valves at opposite ends?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Kaiser Sose wrote:

I also apologise for my bad spelling....

The spelling we can live with, but not the top posting in this group!

--
Cheers,

John.

Snapped the radiator tap off the radiator (Now it's boiling & can't swtich it off) [email protected] UK diy 20 April 18th 06 09:37 PM
KNOCK-DOWN HUTCH J T Woodworking 0 December 31st 05 02:16 AM
KNOCK-DOWN SAWHORSE J T Woodworking 1 September 18th 05 11:45 AM
knock down knock down ginger dave @ stejonda UK diy 35 February 17th 05 02:21 PM
Can I knock this down? Stephen Gower UK diy 5 November 19th 04 12:11 PM