Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric supply for mains shower pump (grohe wireless) under bath

I am installing one of these Grohe wireless shower pump/controllers under a
bath.
The house is entirely protected by an earth leakage trip (RCD) but I have a
question about installation of cabling.
I can bring the electric supply down from above inside a partition wall and
join it to the Grohe cable.
Do I join it with a junction box and bury it in the wall, use a waterproof
junction box on the bathroom side, not bother with a junction box just join
and have a cable patress or what?
i.e. what is the correct way to install this/connect it up?

One other question is that the inlets are connected by copper/brass to
existing pipework but do I need to bond the outlet copper/brass to the
existing pipework or will all the pipework already be connected via the
mains cable?

Thanks for your consideration

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur" wrote in message
I am installing one of these Grohe wireless shower pump/controllers under a
bath.
The house is entirely protected by an earth leakage trip (RCD) but I have
a question about installation of cabling.
I can bring the electric supply down from above inside a partition wall
and join it to the Grohe cable.
Do I join it with a junction box and bury it in the wall, use a waterproof
junction box on the bathroom side, not bother with a junction box just
join and have a cable patress or what?

If the joint is under a bath that has a bath panel then the juction box need
not be waterproof. Do not bury a juction box in the wall. The shower will
require a double pole switched fused spur some where. I would consider the
loft to be an acceptable place for this. The RCD needs to be rated at 30mA.

i.e. what is the correct way to install this/connect it up?

One other question is that the inlets are connected by copper/brass to
existing pipework but do I need to bond the outlet copper/brass to the
existing pipework or will all the pipework already be connected via the
mains cable?

Have you already got supplementary bonding in the bathroom?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
.uk...

One other question is that the inlets are connected by copper/brass to
existing pipework but do I need to bond the outlet copper/brass to the
existing pipework or will all the pipework already be connected via the
mains cable?

Have you already got supplementary bonding in the bathroom?

Adam

Thanks for your advice Adam, don't know what bonding there is, I am merely
assuming that the existing supply is fully bonded.
I guess that by bonding the outlet to the inlets that one way or another the
pipework will be protected?
Thanks
Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur" wrote in message

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
.uk...

One other question is that the inlets are connected by copper/brass to
existing pipework but do I need to bond the outlet copper/brass to the
existing pipework or will all the pipework already be connected via the
mains cable?

Have you already got supplementary bonding in the bathroom?

Adam

Thanks for your advice Adam, don't know what bonding there is, I am merely
assuming that the existing supply is fully bonded.
I guess that by bonding the outlet to the inlets that one way or another
the pipework will be protected?

Have a read of the following.

http://www.niceic.org.uk/downloads/NL139supp.pdf

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have a read of the following.

http://www.niceic.org.uk/downloads/NL139supp.pdf

Adam

Thanks Adam.

Arthur

20 Amp mains supply asalcedo UK diy 5 July 30th 06 08:59 PM
Need to add shower (or shower/tub) to existing half bath - wet bar ibstalled on wall opposite Grufyydd Home Repair 3 May 3rd 06 10:55 AM
shower-pump/pump for cold water to shower only ? TR UK diy 1 December 29th 04 05:38 PM
Plumbing shower booster pump without connecting to electric supply mains Ghazali UK diy 43 February 16th 04 11:17 PM
Dishwasher Water Supply & Electric Oven Electric Supply Richard Faulkner UK diy 4 December 2nd 03 11:44 PM