Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Combi boiler on an outside wall?

Can a combi boiler be fitted (in a weatherproof cupboard) on an outside
wall.

We have a small cottage kitchen and I want to get rid of it when it's
replaced fairly soon.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Can a combi boiler be fitted (in a weatherproof cupboard) on an outside
wall.

We have a small cottage kitchen and I want to get rid of it when it's
replaced fairly soon.

Thanks in advance,

Keith
Put it in the roof space

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Can a combi boiler be fitted (in a weatherproof cupboard) on an outside
wall.

We have a small cottage kitchen and I want to get rid of it when it's
replaced fairly soon.

no, keep it inside and relegate something else to the waterproof cupboard or
the roof space.

Jim A

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 16:58:27 +0000, Keith (Dorset) wrote:

Can a combi boiler be fitted (in a weatherproof cupboard) on an outside
wall.

We have a small cottage kitchen and I want to get rid of it when it's
replaced fairly soon.

Gas boilers are generally only for indoor installations. If you make a
brick-built extension (like an outdoor privy) for the boiler so
effectively it's got it's own room and it's indoors then that should be
OK, but if you're thinking of some sort of prefabricated (or
homemade) enclosure you should check with the boiler manufacturer that
it's OK, otherwise you may find you've got an albatross when it comes to
get it installed, repaired or to sell the house.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Can a combi boiler be fitted (in a weatherproof cupboard) on an outside
wall.

We have a small cottage kitchen and I want to get rid of it when it's
replaced fairly soon.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

My neighbours oil fired combi boiler is outside, been there a couple of
years now, certainly no room inside the cottage!

Des