Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bottle air vent ???

Guys,
How do these bottle air vents work? Tried to search on the web and can
find nothing. I have just bought one and when I shake it something solid
rattles inside. I am replacing the one that is seized up and sits at the
top of a piece of pipe in my airing cupboard. Does the rattling bit press
against something internally when full of water?

It has 3/8 connection and a sort of twist valve at the top (like the top
of a biro pen). Should that twist valve bit be screwed tight or loose?

Thanks, Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Kaiser Sose formulated the question :
Guys,
How do these bottle air vents work? Tried to search on the web and can
find nothing. I have just bought one and when I shake it something solid
rattles inside. I am replacing the one that is seized up and sits at the
top of a piece of pipe in my airing cupboard. Does the rattling bit press
against something internally when full of water?

The rattle is the float inside. They vent until the float rises on the
column of water, then seal against the outlet at the top. You can
remove the cap and prod the float down with small probe to check they
are not stuck.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

bottle air vent ??? Kaiser Sose UK diy 2 January 7th 07 10:29 PM
Air Coolers which don't need an external air vent? ste UK diy 19 November 22nd 05 10:05 PM
Freon bottle air tank? Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 34 March 12th 04 01:00 PM
Strange particles from air vent and return air duct sealant question Jack Home Repair 5 December 3rd 03 12:26 AM
Strange particles from air vent and return air duct sealant question Jack Home Ownership 1 December 2nd 03 05:11 PM