Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default triton t80i electric shower problem

Hi,
I inherited a triton t80i electric shower when I moved house (I
don't know how old
the shower unit is) and now I am having some problems with it.
The problem is that, when I switch the unit off, water still flows out
of the
shower head for a few minutes. I have not used the unit since - as I am
not sure
whether it's broken or not.
I have read about this being a 'feature' for Mira electric shower (so
that the unit
has time to cool off before the water flow is stopped).

My question is - is this the case for my unit (triton t80i) as well or
it is well and
truly broken.

I thought to get some advice here before I get it fixed/get a new
replacement.

Many Thanks in advance

krish

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Fear not, help is at hand.

I had exactly the same problem with my t80i shower when I moved into my new
house.

I contacted the Shower Doctor and he told me it was the Solenoid Valve that
neeeded to be replaced.

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-sp...iton/t80i.html

It is item 4 on the above link.

I can't remember exactly how much it was but it wasn't overly dear.

Hope that helps
--
the_constructor

Posted to uk.d-i-y

the_constructor wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the reply. I read in this NG that this is a common problem
with the triton.
How easy is it to be replaced? I mean is the part easily
removed/replaced or one
has to remove few other parts to be able to replace this item.

Many Thanks again

krish

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4 Jan 2007 01:16:10 -0800 wrote :
I inherited a triton t80i electric shower when I moved house
(I don't know how old the shower unit is) and now I am having
some problems with it.

The problem is that, when I switch the unit off, water still
flows out of the shower head for a few minutes. I have not used
the unit since - as I am not sure whether it's broken or not.

I have no suggestions but FYI the Triton website is

http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 23:06:17 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"

Hi,
I inherited a triton t80i electric shower when I moved house (I
don't know how old
the shower unit is) and now I am having some problems with it.
The problem is that, when I switch the unit off, water still flows out
of the
shower head for a few minutes. I have not used the unit since - as I
am not sure
whether it's broken or not.
I have read about this being a 'feature' for Mira electric shower (so
that the unit
has time to cool off before the water flow is stopped).

I fitted an electric shower for my MIL which carried on running when
switched off. I had the bloody thing apart three times before I eventually
read the instruction book, which said it was meant to run on for a while.

Can't recall what make it was, but some showers are designed to to exactly
this. Get in touch with Triton.

Unlikely to be the solenoid IMO.

I'm sure in the FAQ's on the Triton site I read a Q+A that said some showers do
run on a bit after being switched off and the reason is so that anyone using the
shower immediately after doesn't get hit with a slug of hot water when they
switch it on .
Stuart