Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Glow Worm Boiler Problem

Hi

I have a Glow Worm Combi Boiler, model 23C.
Since last night I have had water leaking from underneath the boiler.
On closer inspection, and using the diagrams in the manual, I have
discovered that the water is coming out of the Reduced Pressure Zone (RPZ)
valve.
Can somebody explain to me the purpose of this valve? Also, does this fault
indicate a problem with the valve itself or another problem elsewhere in the
boiler?

If I open the filling tap of the boiler and refill the system this leak
stops. The boiler and therefore the central heating and/or the hot water
will work fine. However, after a while (I think it may be once the system
starts cooling down again), the water starts dripping out of the bottom
again.

Thanks
Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 12:14:17 +0000, Paul S wrote:

[...]

The term is not one that is typically used to describe any familiar boiler
component.

I'd hazard a guess that it just might be the pressure releif valve, but
with the manual and seeing what it connected to I'm only guessing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
[...]

Gas Fitting Standards Docs he
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/GasFittingStandards

Thanks for your reply Ed.

Don't know if helps but the manual for the boiler can be found here.
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/manuals/p...ers/23c_im.pdf
The diagram I was referring to is on page 39 (diagram 18.13)

Assuming it is a pressure relief valve, is it possible to diagnose what the
fault may be?

Thanks for any help

Paul