Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default if you get bored with diy, try this

Check out the site me and few friends just started. The site has images

of homes from all over the world.
See how people live in far away countries, photos from Japan, Brazil,
USA, Finland, Germany and many more, but not much from UK?!?!?!?

www.normalroom.com

Join the community and upload your own photos for everyone to see!
Please take a look. We are trying to build an interesting site - you
might like it! And if you do, let your friends know about it too!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

carlos2000 wrote:
Check out the site me and few friends just started. The site has
images

Here's a tip spamboy; only spammers start a post with 'check out the
site'....and you are only posting this ****e so that your hitcounter goes up
and you can demand an extra penny a week off your scummy advertisers - stick
it up your crack, no one's interested.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Here's a tip spamboy; only spammers start a post with 'check out the
site'....

Doh! you've given away the secret.....(well said, otherwise)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Check out the site me and few friends just started. The site has
images

Here's a tip spamboy; only spammers start a post with 'check out the
site'....

OK, so its spam, but if the site gets a little more populated, it might
be a vaguely interesting comparison between living standards worldwide.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default if you get bored with diy, try spam

Colin Wilson wrote:
Check out the site me and few friends just started. The site has
images

Here's a tip spamboy; only spammers start a post with 'check out the
site'....

OK, so its spam, but if the site gets a little more populated, it might
be a vaguely interesting comparison between living standards worldwide.

How so?

By the time a nation is computer compatible it's too late.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fuk i dont wanna spam but is there any other fukking way to make this
kinda site interesting than to get lots of people to visit the site and
post some photos. should i fukkin phone people up and ask them to join?
and those ad's we have only cover the server expenses, actually not
even that at the moment. so we spend hours and hours working on this
for free.
if you dont like, just shut the fuk up.

Colin Wilson kirjoitti:

Check out the site me and few friends just started. The site has
images

Here's a tip spamboy; only spammers start a post with 'check out the
site'....

OK, so its spam, but if the site gets a little more populated, it might
be a vaguely interesting comparison between living standards worldwide.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

carlos2000 wrote:
fuk i dont wanna spam but is there any other fukking way to make this
kinda site interesting than to get lots of people to visit the site and
post some photos. should i fukkin phone people up and ask them to join?
and those ad's we have only cover the server expenses, actually not
even that at the moment. so we spend hours and hours working on this
for free.
if you dont like, just shut the fuk up.

Given what you've just written Carlos, I think the number of people
willing to let you and all have a peek inside their homes has somewhat
declined ...

Oh dear, and it was a good idea too ...

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fuk i dont wanna spam but is there any other fukking way to make this
kinda site interesting than to get lots of people to visit the site and
post some photos. should i fukkin phone people up and ask them to join?
and those ad's we have only cover the server expenses, actually not
even that at the moment. so we spend hours and hours working on this
for free.
if you dont like, just shut the fuk up.

Please do.

....and to think I was actually defending you - but again, in your
defence, you are not a typical spammer who "hits and runs" - you've
actually bothered to come back to read the responses.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

i dont want to spam but is there any other way to get people to visit
the site? and if we want to make that site a bit interesting we need
people to visit and post their photos.
those ads only cover the server expenses, actually at moment nowhere
near that. so we are spending hours and hours working on this for free,
'cause we just thought that this might get interesting.
if you dont like the site, just shut the f_ck up.

Phil L kirjoitti:

carlos2000 wrote:
Check out the site me and few friends just started. The site has
images

Here's a tip spamboy; only spammers start a post with 'check out the
site'....and you are only posting this ****e so that your hitcounter goes up
and you can demand an extra penny a week off your scummy advertisers - stick
it up your crack, no one's interested.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

carlos2000 wrote:
i dont want to spam but is there any other way to get people to visit
the site? and if we want to make that site a bit interesting we need
people to visit and post their photos.

Yes there is another way to get people to visit your site, you insert the
web address into your signature file and you *contribute* to any usenet
groups you like,....for every reply you make, you get a free advert - it's
called give and take, or to put it another way, you only get back what you
are prepared to put in, instead of contributing nothing at all.

HTH

those ads only cover the server expenses, actually at moment nowhere
near that. so we are spending hours and hours working on this for
free, 'cause we just thought that this might get interesting.

Not really.
You've spent hours on it yes, but not for the good of mankind, you've done
it (the same as everyone else) in an attempt to be successful and make
money, so please, don't try and kid yourself that it's for any other reason.

if you dont like the site, just shut the f_ck up.

I don't know if i like the site or not because I haven't visited, nothing
would persuade me or 99% of others to visit a site promoted by spam, I will
however click on links in signatures though.

Phil L kirjoitti:

And WTF is a kirjoitti?

carlos2000 wrote:
Check out the site me and few friends just started. The site has
images

Here's a tip spamboy; only spammers start a post with 'check out the
site'....and you are only posting this ****e so that your hitcounter
goes up and you can demand an extra penny a week off your scummy
advertisers - stick it up your crack, no one's interested.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sorry about being rude, but phil l was rude first.
i'm quite new to this, and i was really annoyed by that answer. its
hard to get a site going, and then someone bashes my attempts.
and yes if that web sites gets big enough to make good money, that sure
would be great but if it doesn't, it does not matter. we all have day
time jobs we like.
i didn't think about what phil said about having the site name as a
signature. what agreat idea! - i stop doing what i've done so far and
start with that. anyway, it was boring just to copy and paste.

Colin Wilson kirjoitti:

fuk i dont wanna spam but is there any other fukking way to make this
kinda site interesting than to get lots of people to visit the site and
post some photos. should i fukkin phone people up and ask them to join?
and those ad's we have only cover the server expenses, actually not
even that at the moment. so we spend hours and hours working on this
for free.
if you dont like, just shut the fuk up.

Please do.

...and to think I was actually defending you - but again, in your
defence, you are not a typical spammer who "hits and runs" - you've
actually bothered to come back to read the responses.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

great that you've found the site useful. thats what it's for, to help
people to get ideas and to see what life is like around the globe.
we can't make the max size too small, some digital cameras make files
up to 1,5 megs and if people need to resize the photo by themselves
they might not post anything at all. an image can be up to 4 megs and
after it's been uploaded our administrator resizes it. the images on
our site should be less than 80 kb's, so he propably forgot to resize
some images. but we are double checking the database every now and
then, and corrcting all mistakes.

Tx2 kirjoitti:

In article . com,
thought we might be interested in the
following...

sorry about being rude, but phil l was rude first.

Let's move on shall we?

I think it is a great site, I certainly found it interesting, and have
already gained some inspiration for decorating the lounge here at home
in the coming weeks from a picture I saw therein.

You also might save some costs on bandwidth if you restrict the size of
the photos folk can upload. There is one I was looking at of a kitchen
which is almost 250Kb in size; far too much for use on a web site.

--
Newsreader - Gravity 2.70b (build 2067)
My reply address is invalid - please post to the group.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L kirjoitti:

carlos2000 wrote:
Check out the site me and few friends just started. The site has
images

Here's a tip spamboy; only spammers start a post with 'check out the
site'....and you are only posting this ****e so that your hitcounter goes up
and you can demand an extra penny a week off your scummy advertisers - stick
it up your crack, no one's interested.

You should also learn the rudimentaries of Usenet Nettiquette. Top
posting raises a lot of ire as the treads become tangled.

If there are any redeeming factors in this one, it is that you are
learning and that the site may give some would be decorators on here a
few pointers. However you aught to be aware that a lot of strange
people inhabit the internet and some of them are downright dangerous so
you had better warn people not to let out too many details that could
give away privacy and the inherent security of nominal secrecy.

Not all that long ago Microsoft suspended its talk website as ill
informed people on there were getting into trouble from stalkers and
the like. There is an history of murderers and rapists finding victims
online.