Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default sliding doors

Anyone fitted (or even seen) one of these concealed sliding doors?
http://www.eclisse.co.uk/construction-details.htm

They look a lot better that the old 70's efforts that I remember, which
had a tendency to fall off their runners. It would give me a valuable
few ft^2 of space in re-laying out the bathroom ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Anyone fitted (or even seen) one of these concealed sliding doors?
http://www.eclisse.co.uk/construction-details.htm

They look a lot better than the old 70's efforts that I remember, which
had a tendency to fall off their runners.

IIRC, they could be lifted off the rails fairly easily and only tended
to fall off badly put together ones.

It would give me a valuable few ft^2 of space in re-laying out the bathroom ...

I can't see that they can be all that much different. I was also going
to say they are or were nearly impossible to draught seal but of
course, for a bathroom that isn't so important.

Is there no way you could have the present door opening out? Replacing
a door frame or turning one around is not that big a deal. No more than
messing with one of these anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:

I can't see that they can be all that much different. I was also going
to say they are or were nearly impossible to draught seal but of
course, for a bathroom that isn't so important.

Is there no way you could have the present door opening out? Replacing
a door frame or turning one around is not that big a deal. No more
than messing with one of these anyway.

My sister did that in her tiny newly built house & now regrets it. If
someone is walking along the landing when someone else exits the bathroom a
collision occurs.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

My sister did that in her tiny newly built house & now regrets it. If
someone is walking along the landing when someone else exits the bathroom a
collision occurs.

Having it open outwards would seem "odd" to me, whereas a sliding door
would merely count as "unusual".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:

IIRC, they could be lifted off the rails fairly easily and only tended
to fall off badly put together ones.

In the student houses I remember them from, I'm sure both factors applied.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Snippet vous

What a pity that message is going to go the way of all non digita. What
a loss to the whirl.

Sliding Cabinet Doors harley Woodworking 2 August 21st 06 03:31 AM
Sliding Doors Olly UK diy 6 April 21st 06 03:03 AM
Woodall Sliding Doors Chris Home Repair 0 August 23rd 05 09:11 PM
Sliding doors on a cabinet? toller Woodworking 13 November 21st 04 06:40 PM
Sliding Doors Justo Ruiz UK diy 2 August 7th 03 09:57 AM