Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default sliding doors

Andy Burns wrote:
Anyone fitted (or even seen) one of these concealed sliding doors?
http://www.eclisse.co.uk/construction-details.htm

They look a lot better than the old 70's efforts that I remember, which
had a tendency to fall off their runners.

IIRC, they could be lifted off the rails fairly easily and only tended
to fall off badly put together ones.

It would give me a valuable few ft^2 of space in re-laying out the bathroom ...

I can't see that they can be all that much different. I was also going
to say they are or were nearly impossible to draught seal but of
course, for a bathroom that isn't so important.

Is there no way you could have the present door opening out? Replacing
a door frame or turning one around is not that big a deal. No more than
messing with one of these anyway.