Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No baths in Barnet

"A London council is set to introduce planning rules
encouraging builders to provide only a shower.

A person showering rather than bathing can save around
66 gallons of water a week and Thames Water recommends
showers.

Now Tory-run Barnet council is consulting residents on
planning rules that would apply to house extensions and
developments of less than 10 homes.

If someone failed to check whether a bath could be left
out it would be a "material consideration" in deciding
whether to grant permission. Schemes that include a bath
unnecessarily could be refused."

"... Barnet has been driving forward the green agenda.
It was the first borough to threaten fines for residents
who refuse to recycle their rubbish."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23377814-details/End%20of%20the%20bath%20Climate%20change%20prompts %20council%20plans%20for%20'shower-only'%20bathrooms/article.do

Perhaps a warning to anyone who thinks that getting rid
of the present government will change things for the
better.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
"A London council is set to introduce planning rules
encouraging builders to provide only a shower.

A person showering rather than bathing can save around
66 gallons of water a week and Thames Water recommends
showers.

You don't say how many baths/week are assumed for this saving...

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Malcolm Stewart wrote:
"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
"A London council is set to introduce planning rules
encouraging builders to provide only a shower.

A person showering rather than bathing can save around
66 gallons of water a week and Thames Water recommends
showers.

You don't say how many baths/week are assumed for this saving...

I thought cockneys bathed fortnightly whether they need one or not?
:-p

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-12-11 20:35:16 +0000, Tony Bryer said:

[...]

Where are they going to put the coal?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"A London council is set to introduce planning rules
encouraging builders to provide only a shower.

A person showering rather than bathing can save around
66 gallons of water a week and Thames Water recommends
showers.

Now Tory-run Barnet council is consulting residents on
planning rules that would apply to house extensions and
developments of less than 10 homes.

If someone failed to check whether a bath could be left
out it would be a "material consideration" in deciding
whether to grant permission. Schemes that include a bath
unnecessarily could be refused."

Not legally possible under current planning legislation. It would be
overruled on appeal.

Peter Crosland

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joe Joe is offline

Phil L wrote:
Malcolm Stewart wrote:
"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
"A London council is set to introduce planning rules
encouraging builders to provide only a shower.

A person showering rather than bathing can save around
66 gallons of water a week and Thames Water recommends
showers.

You don't say how many baths/week are assumed for this saving...

I thought cockneys bathed fortnightly whether they need one or not?
:-p

There aren't many Cockneys, and likely to be few in Barnet.

Anyway, I thought that was Northerners. Tin bath in front of
the fire...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Joe wrote:
Phil L wrote:

I thought cockneys bathed fortnightly whether they need one or not?

There aren't many Cockneys, and likely to be few in Barnet.

Anyway, I thought that was Northerners. Tin bath in front of
the fire...

Aye, lad every Friday, needed or nay. T's 'nce a wick lad. Sithee?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-12-11 22:18:22 +0000, Joe said:

Phil L wrote:
Malcolm Stewart wrote:
"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
"A London council is set to introduce planning rules
encouraging builders to provide only a shower.

A person showering rather than bathing can save around
66 gallons of water a week and Thames Water recommends
showers.

You don't say how many baths/week are assumed for this saving...

I thought cockneys bathed fortnightly whether they need one or not?
:-p

There aren't many Cockneys, and likely to be few in Barnet.

Anyway, I thought that was Northerners. Tin bath in front of
the fire...

Barnet people are Northerners...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
[...]

You ever tried to give a 1 year old a shower, as opposed to a bath?!?
Or don't they have young families in Barnet!??!
__________________________
The Grim Reaper

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:
Malcolm Stewart wrote:
"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
"A London council is set to introduce planning rules
encouraging builders to provide only a shower.

A person showering rather than bathing can save around
66 gallons of water a week and Thames Water recommends
showers.

You don't say how many baths/week are assumed for this saving...

I thought cockneys bathed fortnightly whether they need one or not?
:-p

Are you disrepecting cockerneys?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:45:56 UTC, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

You don't say how many baths/week are assumed for this saving...

I thought cockneys bathed fortnightly whether they need one or not?
:-p

Are you disrepecting cockerneys?

Surely you're an honorary chav, now?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

You don't say how many baths/week are assumed for this saving...

I thought cockneys bathed fortnightly whether they need one or not?
:-p

Are you disrepecting cockerneys?

Surely you're an honorary chav, now?

Maybe innit, but I started as a cockerney. Are you calling my mum a pikey?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:44:32 -0000 Peter Crosland wrote :
Not legally possible under current planning legislation. It would be
overruled on appeal.

The 'Merton Rule' requiring 10% energy from renewables - really a
Building Regulations matter - seems have been allowed. Then you get a
bright spark like this:

"Councillor Andrew Cooper, Kirklees Council cabinet member for housing
and property, said: "We are effectively setting our own version of the
building regulations for renewable energy in Kirklees and this will
impact on every residential home, every children's centre and every
school we build....""

... to be enforced through planning.

http://www.themertonrule.org/what-is-the-merton-rule

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-12-11 22:18:22 +0000, Joe said:

Phil L wrote:
Malcolm Stewart wrote:
"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
"A London council is set to introduce planning rules
encouraging builders to provide only a shower.

A person showering rather than bathing can save around
66 gallons of water a week and Thames Water recommends
showers.

You don't say how many baths/week are assumed for this saving...

I thought cockneys bathed fortnightly whether they need one or not?
:-p

There aren't many Cockneys, and likely to be few in Barnet.

Anyway, I thought that was Northerners. Tin bath in front of
the fire...

Barnet people are Northerners...

Thank you, I now feel honoured!
(a resident of the London Borough of Barnet).

Baths question... dkh UK diy 11 August 15th 06 10:50 PM
Those Premier baths Anthona Home Repair 0 August 8th 06 11:39 PM
Shower baths? EricP UK diy 13 May 5th 06 06:10 PM
Deep baths? Nigel Molesworth UK diy 22 January 17th 06 04:48 PM
Steel baths Andrew Gabriel UK diy 35 October 14th 03 10:36 AM