Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [?] Looking for photo albums to hold 6" x 4.5" prints

Hi,

We've been using Photobox to print pictures from our digital camera
and the default size that they offer is 6" x 4.5".

Unfortunately, after searching the High Street shops, we've now
discovered that this is not a regular UK print size as far as photo
albums are concerned.

We could, of course, but albums to hold larger prints but, before doing
that, I thought I'd ask in this NG to see if anyone knows where, in the
UK, we can buy some photo albums designed to hold 6" x 4.5" prints.

Many TIA - Dave.

David C.Chapman - )
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , David Chapman
writes

Hi,

We've been using Photobox to print pictures from our digital camera
and the default size that they offer is 6" x 4.5".

Unfortunately, after searching the High Street shops, we've now
discovered that this is not a regular UK print size as far as photo
albums are concerned.

Whilst not helping your quest for a suitable album - have you tried the
photobooks that Photobox offer - upload your pictures, select the
layout, insert the pictures, add captions if you want and in a couple of
days you get the finished item all ready bound - and for much the same
cost as getting prints done and buying an album and none of the hassle
of finding time to insert the pictures in the albums.

See

http://www.photobox.co.uk/static.htm...oggedphotobook

£20 gets you a 20 page album (extra pages are £1.50) that should give
you more than enough room for 60 pictures of varying sizes.

We had a few issues with some pages coming unbound from the albums but a
quick call to their customer services got a replacement done.

No connection with Photobox, just a very satisfied customer.

Cheers,

Andy

--
Andrew Sinclair http://www.smellycat.org
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Sinclair wrote:
[...]

Online photo albums recently reviewed in comics:
http://www.activehome.co.uk/computer...t-photo-albums
http://ivory.vnunet.com/assets/binar...lbum-table.pdf

"Our favourite and winner of the Buy It award was Kodak"

Slatts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Chapman wrote:

Hi,

We've been using Photobox to print pictures from our digital camera
and the default size that they offer is 6" x 4.5".

Unfortunately, after searching the High Street shops, we've now
discovered that this is not a regular UK print size as far as photo
albums are concerned.

We could, of course, but albums to hold larger prints but, before doing
that, I thought I'd ask in this NG to see if anyone knows where, in the
UK, we can buy some photo albums designed to hold 6" x 4.5" prints.

Many TIA - Dave.

David C.Chapman - )

David,

Arrowfile sell binders and inserts to handle 6x4.5's, code RE8456C
(clear). They take 8 photos in an insert (back to back). They do black
and white background versions too.

http://www.arrowfile.co.uk/

Geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Many thanks to those who have taken the trouble to reply to my
posting.
Your most useful suggestions were very much appreciated.

ATB - Dave

David C.Chapman - )