Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default Various kitchen electric questions

Doing various things in the kitchen and have a couple of questions.

1) I've channelled out the plaster so as to embed the 6mm oven cable, but I
can't fix the cable clips to the wall as the bricks and the mortar are too
hard. The nails on the clips are quite thick masonary but after a few hard
bangs (no I'm not hitting and damaging the cable) they bend . Are there any
other types of cable clips I can use, or is it ok just to cover it in
plaster without any clips.

2) I'm installing in a new hob and single oven. There are no technical
installation instructions for the hob. The hob has a total rating of 5.7kw
so that is being connected to the dedicated cooker run (6mm) via a 45A dp
cooker switch, which wall be in plain view about 1 foot to the left of the
hob. Connection to the cooker from the 45A is straightforward, 6mm cable,
cable restraint and insulated ring cable connectors.

The single oven (energy eff A) only has a rating of 0.75kw, and it says to
use 2.5mm via a 20A dp also connected to the cooker run, I will be taking a
spur from the 45A dp switch. Any way the question is, the instructions for
the oven says I can either locate the 20A dp switch in view, or behind the
single built oven. I was just wondering if the this was safe, in as much as
if you need to isolate the oven you first have to pull it out ( or
alternatively isolate at the CU).

yes this is my own kitchen, and yes I know about Part P (boo hiss).

TIA

jon