Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Metal sheds

I have decided to buy a small metal shed to put the mower in, it's kept
in the workshop at the moment and I have to lift it up four steps to
use it on the lawn. What is the best way to anchor these down as the
biggest security issue would be for someone just to lift it up !!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Staffbull" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have decided to buy a small metal shed to put the mower in, it's kept
in the workshop at the moment and I have to lift it up four steps to
use it on the lawn. What is the best way to anchor these down as the
biggest security issue would be for someone just to lift it up !!

I bought a smallish (7' x8') Yardmaster metal shed. The recommended
installation is onto a concrete or flagged base using expanding bolts to
keep it in place.

Even if your shed was smaller than this I can't see that it would be easy to
lift once the roof is on although you might worry about whether a strong
wind would float it away :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from "Staffbull" contains these words:

What is the best way to anchor these down as the
biggest security issue would be for someone just to lift it up !!

Stakes into the ground. I'd use a bit of angle-iron with a hole in it,
driven well in then bolt through the hole to the frame of the shed.

--
Skipweasel

STEEL SHEDS Davao UK diy 0 May 29th 06 11:56 AM
One in the eye for the sheds Steve Firth UK diy 0 May 2nd 06 12:36 AM
[OT] Sheds from space Vortex UK diy 28 July 21st 05 11:06 PM
foundation for sheds, questions jj3000 Home Ownership 3 February 20th 05 02:15 AM
Sheds? Badger UK diy 12 January 5th 05 04:11 PM