Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Curtain rail lubricant

I have some curtains operated by strings, and they have become rather
difficult to pull. What lubricant should I use? The rails and hooks
appear to be made of plastic.

-- Richard

in some alphabets" - X3.4, 1963.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard Tobin" wrote in message
I have some curtains operated by strings, and they have become rather
difficult to pull. What lubricant should I use? The rails and hooks
appear to be made of plastic.

We used a silicone spray. The rails need wiping from time to time to remove
compressed dust.

Well, they do in our house!

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Tobin wrote:
I have some curtains operated by strings, and they have become rather
difficult to pull. What lubricant should I use? The rails and hooks
appear to be made of plastic.

-- Richard

WD 40 sprayed onto a clean rag and then wiped over the curtain rail.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian G wrote:
Richard Tobin wrote:
I have some curtains operated by strings, and they have become rather
difficult to pull. What lubricant should I use? The rails and hooks
appear to be made of plastic.

-- Richard

WD 40 sprayed onto a clean rag and then wiped over the curtain rail.

Mr Sheen works pretty well
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:
Brian G wrote:
Richard Tobin wrote:

I have some curtains operated by strings, and they have become rather
difficult to pull. What lubricant should I use? The rails and hooks
appear to be made of plastic.

-- Richard

WD 40 sprayed onto a clean rag and then wiped over the curtain rail.

Mr Sheen works pretty well

I've used that type of thing for wood rails successfully. I would stay
away from anything liquid, as in that stays liquid, as it'll trap dirt
and become a sticky mess. Sometimes just a clean is all thats needed to
get things running again.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Tobin wrote on 26/11/2006 :
I have some curtains operated by strings, and they have become rather
difficult to pull. What lubricant should I use? The rails and hooks
appear to be made of plastic.

-- Richard

Wax from a candle rubbed on works well, as does silicon spray or
furniture polish.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
Stuart Noble wrote:
Brian G wrote:
Richard Tobin wrote:

I have some curtains operated by strings, and they have become rather
difficult to pull. What lubricant should I use? The rails and hooks
appear to be made of plastic.

-- Richard

WD 40 sprayed onto a clean rag and then wiped over the curtain rail.

Mr Sheen works pretty well

I've used that type of thing for wood rails successfully. I would stay
away from anything liquid, as in that stays liquid, as it'll trap dirt
and become a sticky mess. Sometimes just a clean is all thats needed to
get things running again.

I used this on some very non-slidy wooden rails with rings about eight years
ago. It has lasted all these years without needing a reapplication.

-- JJ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Richard Tobin
wrote
I have some curtains operated by strings, and they have become rather
difficult to pull. What lubricant should I use? The rails and hooks
appear to be made of plastic.

Rub a candle on the top edge of the rail

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pledge, Mr Sheen etc are all silicon based and work fantastic.
Calum Sabey
(NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com,
" writes
Pledge, Mr Sheen etc are all silicon based and work fantastic.
Calum Sabey
(NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

Calum - would you like to google for "sig separator" ?

You really need one

Also If you snip what you are referring to - people won't have the
faintest idea what you're referring to, and label you as just another
moron

so, in your own interests - please sort it out

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from raden contains these words:

Calum - would you like to google for "sig separator" ?

You really need one

It may be intentional, so the advert for the kitchen firm stays with the
posting.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from raden contains these words:

Calum - would you like to google for "sig separator" ?

You really need one

It may be intentional, so the advert for the kitchen firm stays with the
posting.

how to get your company a bad reputation with a large pool of
customers, in one easy move.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 26, 2:19 pm, (Richard Tobin) wrote:
I have some curtains operated by strings, and they have become rather
difficult to pull. What lubricant should I use? The rails and hooks
appear to be made of plastic.

-- Richard

Turtle wax works.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Guy King
writes
The message
from raden contains these words:

Calum - would you like to google for "sig separator" ?

You really need one

It may be intentional, so the advert for the kitchen firm stays with the
posting.

That's why I told him he needed a sig sep

I was seeing if tact worked any better than naked abuse

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Tobin wrote:
I have some curtains operated by strings, and they have become rather
difficult to pull. What lubricant should I use? The rails and hooks
appear to be made of plastic.

Anything containing silicone will work a treat. Mr Sheen, Back to Black,
Cockpit Spray, most furniture polish. Or Silicone Spray id you can find it.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
Richard Tobin wrote:
I have some curtains operated by strings, and they have become rather
difficult to pull. What lubricant should I use? The rails and hooks
appear to be made of plastic.

Anything containing silicone will work a treat.

There's no way my S-i-L is climbing up there ... !

Mr Sheen, Back to Black,
Cockpit Spray, most furniture polish. Or Silicone Spray id you can find it.

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm sorry to all those people who are offended with the way I post. To
be honest, I am no computer whizz kid, and see my post as merely trying
to help individuals achieve better results than they might without the
news group.

In fact there has only been one time that my advice has been
questions... and rightly so in that case too!!! I hope people see the
quality of my business in the advice given rather than in my skills at
posting. I have done a google search and am perplexed and confused at
what is mean by sig separation- but maybe (and probably) I am just an
idiot when it comes to things like that.

Oh well, I will keep posting on this group to the best of my ability
and if anyone has a real issue with it then they can tell me in basics
how to do a better job.

Calum Sabey
(NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from " contains these words:

I have done a google search and am perplexed and confused at
what is mean by sig separation

A signature is two dashes (--) followed by a space ( )

It allows the newsreading software to remove your signature from the
bottom of replies so they don't build up into a great big wadge of
redundant stuff that other users have to wade through.

How you set it up on your newsreader I don't know, but it's worth
ferretting about because it makes life easier for everyone else.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King typed

A signature is two dashes (--) followed by a space ( )

pedant

A signature _separator_ is two dashes (--), space ( ) and carriage
return (new line)

pedant

It allows the newsreading software to remove your signature from the
bottom of replies so they don't build up into a great big wadge of
redundant stuff that other users have to wade through.

How you set it up on your newsreader I don't know, but it's worth
ferretting about because it makes life easier for everyone else.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message .com
from " contains these words:

I have done a google search and am perplexed and confused at
what is mean by sig separation

A signature is two dashes (--) followed by a space ( )

To be extremely pendantic the _seperator_ is "dash, dash, space, Carriage
return/Line Feed '
followed by the 'signature' (and no ore than four lines of kute wordy
plagirisms]

It allows the newsreading software to remove your signature from the
bottom of replies so they don't build up into a great big wadge of
redundant stuff that other users have to wade through.

How you set it up on your newsreader I don't know, but it's worth
ferretting about because it makes life easier for everyone else.

--
Skipweasel

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
LSR LSR is offline

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

pedant

A signature _separator_ is two dashes (--), space ( ) and carriage
return (new line)

pedant

If you're going to be pedantic, you should at least have put /pedant to
close.

--
LSR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Helen Deborah Vecht contains these words:

pedant

A signature _separator_ is two dashes (--), space ( ) and carriage
return (new line)

pedant

These are not the pedants you are looking for.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Sharrock wrote:
"Guy King" wrote in message
The message .com
from " contains these words:

I have done a google search and am perplexed and confused at
what is mean by sig separation

A signature is two dashes (--) followed by a space ( )

To be extremely pendantic the _seperator_ is "dash, dash, space, Carriage
return/Line Feed '
followed by the 'signature' (and no ore than four lines of kute wordy
plagirisms]

This is needlessly confusing to any end user. It is the job of a
news/email client to add the line delimiting characters (cr/lf) to each
line as it is transmitted to the appropriate server. All a user needs
to do is create a line in the message body (or an external file which
is automatically appended, depending on the software used), consisting
solely of two hyphens and a space.

--
"Gravity brings me down"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 08:43:43 UTC, "Brian Sharrock"
wrote:

To be extremely pendantic the _seperator_ is "dash, dash, space, Carriage
return/Line Feed '
followed by the 'signature' (and no ore than four lines of kute wordy
plagirisms]

This could go on forever. I want to be pedantic now, and request that
you spell 'pedantic' correctly....! :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

To be extremely pendantic the _seperator_ is "dash, dash, space, Carriage
return/Line Feed '
followed by the 'signature' (and no ore than four lines of kute wordy
plagirisms]

This could go on forever.

oh no, here it comes

no, not forever... the parties involved wont live that long.
Sheesh, usenet!

/pedant /sillyarse ffs

I want to be pedantic now, and request that
you spell 'pedantic' correctly....! :-)

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

To be extremely pendantic the _seperator_ is "dash, dash, space,
Carriage
return/Line Feed '
followed by the 'signature' (and no ore than four lines of kute wordy
plagirisms]

This could go on forever. I want to be pedantic now, and request that
you spell 'pedantic' correctly....! :-)
--

Yep! it's the spiel chequer and a hasty finger jabbing at the change button.

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian Sharrock
writes

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message .com
from " contains these words:

I have done a google search and am perplexed and confused at
what is mean by sig separation

A signature is two dashes (--) followed by a space ( )

To be extremely pendantic the _seperator_ is "dash, dash, space, Carriage
return/Line Feed '
followed by the 'signature' (and no ore than four lines of kute wordy
plagirisms]

I was just waiting for an ueberpedant typo to appear ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It seems even the 'experts' get confused... what hope is it for poor
old me. Especially since I dont use mail/newsgroup software like
outlook etc, just do it all online, what a dinisour (did I spell that
correctly) I am.

Calum Sabey
(NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message . com
from " contains these words:

It seems even the 'experts' get confused... what hope is it for poor
old me.

Well, one thing you could do to help is include a snippet of the post to
which you are replying. It's not clear at all at what or whom your
comments are directed - and as such they're largely wasted.

Proper news clients predate using newsgroups online by many years, so
you're not being a dinosaur, we are. And most of us will continue to be
until the web interfaces and protocols improve sufficiently.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to demon.local,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.motorcycles

Harry Bloomfield verbally sodomised in
:

Richard Tobin wrote on 26/11/2006 :
My penis hurts, how do I resolve this?

-- Richard

Wax from a candle rubbed on works well, as does silicon spray or
furniture polish.

--
Phil Kyle™

h i
i s
s l
f i l
S o n o
i u e n
g r s g

Posted to demon.local,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.motorcycles

ah verbally sodomised in
:

Phil Kyle wrote:
Harry Bloomfield verbally sodomised
in :

Richard Tobin wrote on 26/11/2006 :
My penis hurts, how do I resolve this?
-- Richard
Wax from a candle rubbed on works well, as does silicon spray or
furniture polish.

Sick!

I'm not sure that has the same qualities.

--
Phil Kyle™

h i
i s
s l
f i l
S o n o
i u e n
g r s g
Posted to demon.local,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.motorcycles
ah ah is offline

Phill Kyle wrote:
ah verbally sodomised in
:

Phil Kyle wrote:
Harry Bloomfield verbally sodomised
in :

Richard Tobin wrote on 26/11/2006 :
My penis hurts, how do I resolve this?
-- Richard
Wax from a candle rubbed on works well, as does silicon spray or
furniture polish.

Sick!

I'm not sure that has the same qualities.

Buick!
--
ah

Curtain rail installtion Mark UK diy 7 March 8th 06 11:03 PM
Shower curtain rail height F UK diy 4 February 19th 06 12:30 PM
Curtain Rail Q mutley UK diy 4 December 24th 05 09:48 AM
Curtain rail loose in one hole.. what do I do ? Paul UK diy 5 March 26th 04 12:21 PM
Shower Curtain rail for Corner Bath.. Please help. Rune Langtind UK diy 7 March 2nd 04 10:02 AM