Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing metal to plastic

Try not to make this too complicated...

The door fell of my washing machine and I need to fix it. It's a
rental, so chucking it and buying a new one is not an option.
(and it's the fitted type as well).

The door consist of two plastic parts forming the inside and
the outside of the door, with the glass and the fixings squashed
in between. Alignment on the hinge relys upon these two parts
being fixed together tightly. A replacement door is only available
as a full set of parts costing over 100 quid! (with delivery)

It fell off, because two of the pillars that the screws fit into
have broken off and it is no longer secure.

So, does anyone have any ideas how I form something that the
screws can screw into, to hold the door together properly again?
I don't think that glueing the pillars back on with super glue is
going to be strong enough, but perhaps it is?

TIA

tim

Mixing plastic and metal js5895 Home Ownership 0 April 19th 06 10:16 PM
metal coated plastic RJ Metalworking 3 February 22nd 06 10:14 PM
Best glue for fixing plastic together David Hearn UK diy 14 September 14th 05 11:27 AM
Fixing plastic hooks to uPVC window frames Jay UK diy 1 March 22nd 04 10:40 PM
Fixing Plastic Trim To Wall/Bath Stuart UK diy 1 December 28th 03 03:01 PM