Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default where can i buy 16mm tile drill bit ?

i found one uk website, but nearly all their stuff is out of stock.

i need this very quickly

thank you in advance

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:59:36 +0000, Grunff wrote:

Use a tile bit to make the initial hole, then switch to a 16mm masonry
bit. This works fine on ceramic tiles. If porcelain, you need a diamond
core.

For a 22mm dia hole I used a Dremel to enlarge and smooth a hole made by
piercing the tile with a tile drill. I guess it work just as well for a
smaller hole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If its only for a few holes then buy a cheap hss set (metal drills).
Use a masonary 1st to go as big as you can... even starting small and
going up (make sure not to use hammer action). The once you dont have a
masonary just go up in 1mm increments with the hss bits- it'll only
take a few minutes to get to 16mm. I tend to do this job after laying
the tiles but before grouting, leaving a few days for the adhesive to
set. Alternatively, go to a hire shop and hire a bit- you'll only pay
for the wear on it.
Calum Sabey
(NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 Nov 2006 16:04:03 -0800, " wrote:

If its only for a few holes then buy a cheap hss set (metal drills).
Use a masonary 1st to go as big as you can... even starting small and
going up (make sure not to use hammer action). The once you dont have a
masonary just go up in 1mm increments with the hss bits- it'll only
take a few minutes to get to 16mm. I tend to do this job after laying
the tiles but before grouting, leaving a few days for the adhesive to
set. Alternatively, go to a hire shop and hire a bit- you'll only pay
for the wear on it.
Calum Sabey
(NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

This company have a 16mm drill bit listed .It's under 6 plus shipping .

http://www.drillbitdepot.com/GLASS_x...E_BITS2255.htm

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart
Excellent link, will bookmark it for future.