Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fridge water

Hello

I have a Zanussi ZFK56/48R fridge / freezer and water accumulates at
the back. The drain is not blocked and water is overspilling at each
end instead of runing to the middle to drain out. Have I missed
something or is this a known design fault ?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I have a Zanussi ZFK56/48R fridge / freezer and water accumulates at
the back. The drain is not blocked and water is overspilling at each
end instead of runing to the middle to drain out. Have I missed
something or is this a known design fault ?

Me too with a Lec. I've just lived with it. Can't spot the
pattern,sometimes it is bone dry and other times it is sodden and is mopped
out daily.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:07:02 GMT, visionset wrote:

Can't spot the pattern,sometimes it is bone dry and other times it is
sodden and is mopped out daily.

Yuk, what chore. The amount of water accumulated varies depending on the
humidty of the air outside the fridge and how often that air is let
inside.

I don't quite follow the OP's description of where this water is
accumlating and overspilling. Normally there is moulded channel on the
back of the fridge leading to a drain point in the middle. This channel
should catch the drips from the cooling plate or running down the back.
We did have a fridge where water would not endup in this channel, but
it's rather to long ago to remember why. I do remember solving it by
building up the ends of the channel with silicone sealant though.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:07:02 GMT, visionset wrote:

Can't spot the pattern,sometimes it is bone dry and other times it is
sodden and is mopped out daily.

Yuk, what chore. The amount of water accumulated varies depending on the
humidty of the air outside the fridge and how often that air is let
inside.

I don't quite follow the OP's description of where this water is
accumlating and overspilling. Normally there is moulded channel on the
back of the fridge leading to a drain point in the middle. This channel
should catch the drips from the cooling plate or running down the back.
We did have a fridge where water would not endup in this channel, but
it's rather to long ago to remember why. I do remember solving it by
building up the ends of the channel with silicone sealant though.

Yep it's probably plain old condensation, that the tray at the back should
catch.
So maybe the fridge leans forward and its not ending up in that tray.
The tray is certainly not overflowing.
I'll make another effort to rectify.
Then it'll break down completely ;-/

--