Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

Default Power Flushing CH system

I'm going to power flush the CH system next week.
Cleaning agent gone in today.

The system has a one year old condensing boiler,
and is a conventional 3 port valve job for CH and
hot water cylinder. There is a roomstat and all except
one of the radiators has a thermostatic valve.
The original system was installed in the late sixties.

I've never done this before - any general advice?

Thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , RzB
writes
I'm going to power flush the CH system next week.
Cleaning agent gone in today.

The system has a one year old condensing boiler,
and is a conventional 3 port valve job for CH and
hot water cylinder. There is a roomstat and all except
one of the radiators has a thermostatic valve.
The original system was installed in the late sixties.

I've never done this before - any general advice?

Do you mean you've put a flushing agent into the system ?

That's not a power flush, a power flush is performed using an external
pump such as a Kamco (google Kamco - some useful stuff on their website)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"RzB" writes:
I'm going to power flush the CH system next week.
Cleaning agent gone in today.

The system has a one year old condensing boiler,
and is a conventional 3 port valve job for CH and
hot water cylinder. There is a roomstat and all except
one of the radiators has a thermostatic valve.
The original system was installed in the late sixties.

I've never done this before - any general advice?

What was the reason you decided to do this?
It should have been done when the boiler went in anyway,
and I wouldn't expect it to be required only a year later.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in

I've never done this before - any general advice?

What was the reason you decided to do this?
It should have been done when the boiler went in anyway,
and I wouldn't expect it to be required only a year later.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Yes - it was done when the boiler was fitted. Recently
as part of a kitchen/diner refurbishment I have removed
some radiators and added some pipework for some new
radiators. During this I found some rusty sluge in the
return pipe...

http://www.gillandroy.com/diy/pipe

so I decided to redo the power flush, after a weeks worth
of cleaning agent.

I thought it would be worth doing before I put in the new
radiators. The local plumbers shop has a Huntingdon Easy
Flush that they hire out.

Many thanks for your help,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:10:58 +0000, RzB wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in

[...]

CH systems can and do operate successfully for years with a little debris
floating around. Obviously debris is not a good thing and without seeing
just how much debris there was it's hard to tell if this work is needed or
not. Nevetheless if the systemn ws cleaned out last year and inhibitor
added there should, in principle, be no call for cleaning it now.