Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

Default Power Flushing CH system

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in

I've never done this before - any general advice?

What was the reason you decided to do this?
It should have been done when the boiler went in anyway,
and I wouldn't expect it to be required only a year later.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Yes - it was done when the boiler was fitted. Recently
as part of a kitchen/diner refurbishment I have removed
some radiators and added some pipework for some new
radiators. During this I found some rusty sluge in the
return pipe...

http://www.gillandroy.com/diy/pipe

so I decided to redo the power flush, after a weeks worth
of cleaning agent.

I thought it would be worth doing before I put in the new
radiators. The local plumbers shop has a Huntingdon Easy
Flush that they hire out.

Many thanks for your help,
Roy