Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plasplugs Tile cutter

Any good ? - will probably only do one tiling job so I don't want to spend
more than I have to.

Just seen the Screwfix "Contractor" Tile cutter. This looks better.

Any views?

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Any good ? - will probably only do one tiling job so I don't want to spend
more than I have to.

Just seen the Screwfix "Contractor" Tile cutter. This looks better.

Any views?

I purchased one when I did the bathroom a few years ago and it seems OK.

It did the heavy floor tiles as well, still on original supplied blade.

Having not used a better one it is hard to make comparisons though.

HTH

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
Any good ? - will probably only do one tiling job so I don't want to spend
more than I have to.

Just seen the Screwfix "Contractor" Tile cutter. This looks better.

Any views?

I found the cheap b&q one to be more than adequate on floor and wall tiles.
The measurements on the table become more difficult to read as you use it
more.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 04/11/2006 22:05 shaun wrote:

I found the cheap b&q one to be more than adequate on floor and wall tiles.

The Focus (McKeller?) £29.99 machine works well too.

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:
On 04/11/2006 22:05 shaun wrote:

I found the cheap b&q one to be more than adequate on floor and wall
tiles.

The Focus (McKeller?) £29.99 machine works well too.

If possible go for a cutter where the handle used to score the tile is
also used to snap it (Rubi etc). Faster and more accurate.
Not sure how the Screwfix one works but, as long as you don't have to
re-position the tile to snap it, it should be fine.