TheScullster

Default Hand Held Tile Cutter

Not sure why, but I'm kind of sold on the old score and snap wheel type hand
held tile cutters.
Have been using a "Jobo" type which has 6 small wheels on a rotating
selectable clamp nut.
Bad news - I'm nearing the end of bathroom tiling and all the wheels are
blunt.
I've tried the plastic type incorporating the Vee shape snappy clamp
arrangement, but the cutter wheels are not held sturdily and the cut line
wanders.
Does anyone know of a suitable wheel based tool, other than the track guided
versions which seem to be everywhere?

TIA

Phil

Christian McArdle

Does anyone know of a suitable wheel based tool, other than the track
guided
versions which seem to be everywhere?

You're quite, quite, mad!

Have you not experienced the satisfaction of snapping a tile with a single
movement of the slider and push down, of a decent metal railed Plasplugs
Contractor? Sublime.

Christian.

Michael Mcneil

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a suitable wheel based tool, other than the track
guided versions which seem to be everywhere?

Have you not experienced the satisfaction of snapping a tile with a single
movement of the slider and push down, of a decent metal railed Plasplugs
Contractor? Sublime.

Better than the good old broken hack-saw blade? I use a proper tungsten
carbide tip, set in a plastic handle. (Sharpenable.)

PlasPlugs tile cutter?? What a load of pants Ben UK diy 24 April 30th 04 09:54 AM
Tiling Advice - Any good reason I cant use mortar as Wall Tile Adhesive SledgehammerSteve UK diy 12 December 22nd 03 04:16 PM
Screwfix Tile Cutter Rod Hewitt UK diy 5 October 28th 03 10:44 PM
Electric Tile Cutter: Plasplug or 'Generic' make? Jon Weaver UK diy 9 August 18th 03 11:57 PM
Cutting floor tiles: Electric or Hand Operated cutter? Serial Bodger UK diy 12 August 17th 03 02:36 PM