Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default aluminium fixings for glass shower partition query

Hi all
I am installing a 6mm or 10mm toughened glass partition on top of a stone
type shower tray.The glass will be roughly 1200x2000.
I cannot source a supplier of aluminium channel for the edges or alloy
clamps for the glass.I have checked for previous threads without success.All
the local glaziers say "we just supply the glass"
Does anyone have info on this.
Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
THOMAS PATTON wrote:
I am installing a 6mm or 10mm toughened glass partition on top of a
stone type shower tray.The glass will be roughly 1200x2000. I cannot
source a supplier of aluminium channel for the edges or alloy clamps
for the glass.I have checked for previous threads without success.All
the local glaziers say "we just supply the glass" Does anyone have info
on this.

You need a 'non ferrous metal' supplier. There are loads of stock
aluminium extrusions. If you say where you are someone may be able to help
with a recommendation. Otherwise, Yellow Pages and Google, etc.

--
*Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

THOMAS PATTON wrote:
Hi all
I am installing a 6mm or 10mm toughened glass partition on top of a stone
type shower tray.The glass will be roughly 1200x2000.
I cannot source a supplier of aluminium channel for the edges or alloy
clamps for the glass.I have checked for previous threads without success.All
the local glaziers say "we just supply the glass"
Does anyone have info on this.
Thanks

Bohle do a huge range of glass fittings - www.bohle.ltd.uk or 0161 342
1100

Shower Query [email protected] UK diy 11 September 12th 06 10:26 PM
Dirty folk: third shower proposed! GB UK diy 8 September 10th 03 07:55 PM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM
shower drain for tiled shower floor g UK diy 3 September 2nd 03 01:55 AM
New Condensing Boiler and Shower Bjorn UK diy 19 August 13th 03 03:54 PM