Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchen re-fit

I am about to start on refit of twenty-year-old kitchen, units,
worktops and tiles all sorted, but among other things I need a new
built-in electric double-oven with grill. The existing Tricity oven
was in the house when I bought it, so I havn't bought one for many
years, and don't know much about what's available at present. I
realise I have to check for width of opening, to make sure it will
fit, but are there any recommended makes to go for, or, more
important, are there any makes that would be best avoided? Any advice
much appreciated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
4square wrote:
I am about to start on refit of twenty-year-old kitchen, units,
worktops and tiles all sorted, but among other things I need a new
built-in electric double-oven with grill. The existing Tricity oven
was in the house when I bought it, so I havn't bought one for many
years, and don't know much about what's available at present. I
realise I have to check for width of opening, to make sure it will
fit, but are there any recommended makes to go for, or, more
important, are there any makes that would be best avoided? Any advice
much appreciated.

I recently did just this and bought a Neff. It was ex-display - I doubt
I'd have forked out for a full price one. It was identical in width to the
30 year old one - but somewhat deeper. And sadly I'd routed all the CH etc
pipes up behind it. ;-)

The performance is excellent - both ovens fan assisted, and it seems very
well built. Very intuitive (to me) controls for the timers and multiple
'minute minder'. Temperature on both ovens is spot on according to my
Fluke meter - unlike the old one - and it stays pretty cool on the outside.
But I would add I'm no culinary expert. ;-)

Problem was I then needed a matching built in microwave - and had to pay
full price...

--
*Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.