Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Keeping doors closed

Got a bit of an odd problem, due to my own fault in not thinking ahead.

We have a pair of hinged doors separating our dining room from our
living room. They're not on rails, and pretty much hang where they want,
this hasn't been a problem before as the dining room needed decorating
so we just lent some junk against the door to keep it shut, however it's
now time to decorate the dining room...

I don't particularly want to bolt one side of the door, as I'd like them
to be opened from both sides. I think I've seen a bolt you can use where
the bolt is recessed into the door and it has a handle on either side.
Google isn't helping me out though, does anybody know if such a bolt
exists?

Failing that I wonder if magnets would work? Similar to those used on
kitchen cupboards.

Thanks

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2 GPZ750 Turbo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike. buckley wrote:
[...]

When doors are closed how much gap is there in between?
Is there enough to accomadate one a set of these?
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike. buckley wrote:

We have a pair of hinged doors separating our dining room from our
living room. They're not on rails, and pretty much hang where they want,
this hasn't been a problem before as the dining room needed decorating
so we just lent some junk against the door to keep it shut, however it's
now time to decorate the dining room...

I take it these are double doors?

If so, I did a pair fo these ones using a couple of adjustable roller
catches:

One on the top of the "fixed door" (i.e. the one with the door stop)
that catches on the top rail. The second on the side of the free door.

Because they are adjustable, you can set the fixed one to require more
force to open. That way it does not open when you pull the free door.

--
Cheers,

John.

Fitting Bi-fold doors - help (long) John UK diy 11 October 26th 05 10:25 AM
Kitchen Cabinet Refacing--beware Quality Doors from Texas! Rock Home Repair 3 September 1st 05 10:53 PM
Keeping Door Closed Charlie S. Woodworking 18 January 18th 05 02:27 AM
Adjusting Bifold Doors C Home Repair 3 March 17th 04 01:56 AM
New Front Door(s) Bruce Home Repair 4 December 10th 03 12:37 AM